Message from Mrs. Graf
October 22, 2018 Week 13
Good afternoon Explorers,
This is Principal Graf with your weekly update. It’s week 13 of school. We are well into 2nd quarter. Time is flying by!
Membership Drive: PTA will be sending out information on how you can join the PTA and support EGES soon!
- Field Trips: Much of the parent input at the end of last year was about field trips. Each grade level will be taking field trips this year. Payments must be made in order to secure charter buses and reservations to the wonderful sites for visits. If down-payments cannot be made, the field trip will be cancelled, as the tour company requires a down payment for the beach and Washington DC trips.
- 10/22: Once Upon a Flame 3-5 Student Assembly
- 10/25: 4th Grade Field Trip to the Symphony
- 10/25 Quarterly Review
- 10/25 4th Grade Field Trip
Coming Soon: Announcement of EGES Teacher of the Year!
- Doors open at first bell 8:45 AM
- Tardy bell rings at 9:15 AM and instruction begins. Please arrive to school on time.
- Bus loop drop-off is just for the Before Care Program is between 7-8:30 AM.
- No main office dismissal after 3:15 PM. Please refrain from habitual early pickups.
- No transportation changes after 3:00 PM
- Carpoolers must know their carpool numbers (please review and teach)
- Students will be dismissed to buses/daycare vans when they arrive on campus.
- Where is my child’s bus? CLICK HERE for information regarding Here Comes the Bus App
Remaining School Year Dates to Mark Your Calendars:
2 Hour Delay Doors Open for Students 10:45 a.m. Tardy Bell Rings 11:15 a.m.: November 6, 2018
No School Holiday: 11/12/2018
Student Track Out 2/Holiday Break: December 17, 2018-January 2, 2019
Last Track Out/Spring Break: March 11-22, 2019
Early Release Dates: 10/19, 11/20, 01/18, 02/15, & 3/8 School will release at 1:15 p.m.
Holidays/No School: 11/12, 11/21-23, 01/21, 04/19, 5/27
Last Day of School: 5/24
All of this information will be posted on the school website under Principal Messages. Please call the school at 919-773-7411 with any questions.
Always Explorer Proud,