Week 7 School Messenger
September 3, 2018 Week 7
Good afternoon Explorers,
It’s Week 7 of school already! We are #LEADing here at EGES in our school improvement work and our instructional excellence.
Thanks to everyone who came out for the PTA Spirit Night at Chuck-E-Cheese this past Friday evening. Snifty pencils will continue to be on sale. Snifty pencils are $1.
- 9/6 Digital Family Night & Read to Achieve Night 5:30-7:30; limited to 20 families. Please send back your RSVP as soon as possible.
- 9/4-6 CogAt Testing for 3rd Grade
- 9/17-21 Attendance Awareness Spirit Week
- 9/20 Quarter 1 Report Cards Sent Home
- 9/24 Teacher Workday: Parent Conference Day Your teacher will be sending out a sign up.
- Student Track Out 1: September 24-October 5, 2018
Looking for Parent Volunteers: Have a few minutes before carpool in the afternoon? We need your help! We have several tasks that we are looking for parents to help complete. If you have a few minutes before the carpool line begins at dismissal, please see our task board outside in the carpool lane. We can also use parents to help us maintain our grounds and flower baskets, walk the carpool loop and help us clean up litter, shelve books in the media center, collect coolers from classroom snacks (begins in October), and more!
School Year Dates to Mark Your Calendars:
Student Track Out 1: September 24-October 5, 2018
Student Track Out 2/Holiday Break: December 17-January 2, 2019
Last Track Out/Spring Break: March 11-22, 2019
Early Release Dates: 8/17, 10/19, 11/20, 01/18, 02/15, & 3/8 School will release at 1:15 p.m.
Holidays/No School: 9/3, 11/12, 11/21-23, 01/21, 04/19, 5/27
Last Day of School: 5/24
All of this information will be posted on the school website under Principal Messages. Please call the school at 919-773-7411 with any questions.
Always Explorer Proud,