Message from Mrs. Graf
August 27, 2018 Week 6 of School
Good afternoon Explorers,
It’s Week 6 of school already! We are #:LEADing here at EGES in our school improvement work and our instructional excellence.
Our PTA is having a meeting on Tuesday, August 28, 2018 in the Media Center at 6:00 p.m. Budget will be established and upcoming events will be shared. This meeting is open to all members.
This Week: The PTA is in full swing and Snifty Pencils are being sold. If you remember, these pencils were a HOT item last year and the PTA is fully stocked and ready to bring snifty pencils back to the classroom. Snifty Pencils costs $1.00 and can be ordered through the homeroom teacher. The PTA will fill orders on Friday.
- Interims were sent home last Friday. Please be sure you have viewed the interim and are aware of how your student is progressing this quarter.
- 8/31 School Spirit Night at Chuck-E-Cheese on Capital Blvd. 3:45-9:00 p.m.
- 9/3 No School: Labor Day Holiday
- 9/4-6 CogAt Testing for 3rd Grade
- 9/6 Digital Family Night 5:30-7:30; limited to 20 families. Please send back your RSVP as soon as possible.
- 9/17-21 Spirit Week
- 9/20 Quarter 1 Report Cards Sent Home
- 9/24 Teacher Workday: Parent Conference Day Your teacher will be sending out a sign up.
- Student Track Out 1: September 24-October 5, 2018
Looking for Parent Volunteers: Have a few minutes before carpool in the afternoon? We need your help! We have several tasks that we are looking for parents to help complete. If you have a few minutes before the carpool line begins at dismissal, please see our task board outside in the carpool lane. We can also use parents to help us maintain our grounds and flower baskets, walk the carpool loop and help us clean up litter, shelve books in the media center, collect coolers from classroom snacks (begins in October), and more! Check out our Task Board beginning the week of 8/27!
School Year Dates to Mark Your Calendars:
Student Track Out 1: September 24-October 5, 2018
Student Track Out 2/Holiday Break: December 17-January 2, 2019
Last Track Out/Spring Break: March 11-22, 2019
Early Release Dates: 8/17, 10/19, 11/20, 01/18, 02/15, & 3/8 School will release at 1:15 p.m.
Holidays/No School: 9/3, 11/12, 11/21-23, 01/21, 04/19, 5/27
Last Day of School: 5/24
All of this information will be posted on the school website under Principal Messages. Please call the school at 919-773-7411 with any questions.
Always Explorer Proud,