SRMHS Bulldog Parent News- Week August 13
Hello SRMHS Bulldog Parents,
We hope that you had a great weekend! Thanks so much for your attention to the following message:
-Please see below for some information from our Student/Parent handbook. This week we have scheduled grade level meetings facilitated by our Student Support Services team and Administration. We will share with students important school contacts, review school/WCPSS policies, and introduce students to staff members that supports them daily from both teams.
Meet the Teacher/Open House
Tuesday, Aug 14th SRMHS will host it's annual Meet the Teacher event from 5:30-7:00pm. Parent/Guardians will move through the Great Hall where PTSA, Athletics, and Academies will have information tables set up. Also in the Great Hall will be sports booster tables, student club tables, and t-shirt sales of varying kinds. Two groups will be conducting voter registration and handing out samples of the upcoming ballot, with student leaders roaming the halls with clipboards so that they do not miss the opportunity to speak with anyone. Please see the attachment for detailed agenda for the evening. Meet the Teacher Night
We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we continue with our adoption of the new traffic pattern. I have attached another copy for your review as we continue to ask all drivers to follow the established pattern to maintain campus safety. We continue to ask that students are NOT dropped off in the middle of Rock Quarry and Creech Roads. SRMHS Traffic Pattern
SCHOOL NEWS AND INFORMATION
Please remember to regularly review our SRMHS school website for updates and the latest school information at https://www.wcpss.net/southeastraleighhs. AND you can also sign-up on REMIND to get daily school news and information. Please see the attachment for directions. SRMHS Daily Announcements-REMIND
PARKING PERMIT RULES AND REGULATIONS
Parking a vehicle on school property is a privilege, not a right. The parking lot is off limits during the school day 7:25 AM to 2:30 PM. Parking permits are issued after completion of the permission form and payment is made in the bookkeeper’s office. All parking fees and dues must be prior to receiving a parking permit. The fee for securing a parking pass is $200 and will prorated for all purchases after October.
-Our 2018-19 School Improvement Goals-
A1.07- All teachers employ effective classroom management and reinforce classroom rules and procedures by positively teaching them.
A2.04- Instructional teams develop standards aligned units of instruction for each subject and grade level.
BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL
Students should arrive on campus no earlier than 6:45 AM. Breakfast will be served from 6:55- 7:15 AM. All food must be eaten in the cafeteria. Students may not bring food or drinks into the building to be consumed before school. No restaurant food can be brought in or delivered to schools. Students should wait in supervised areas and classrooms and stand so others can walk through the lobby easily. Upon dismissal, all students should go directly to the buses or wait outside under the overhang by the carpool line. Students staying after school for extracurricular activities must report by 2:45 PM to their teacher/advisor and remain there until picked up. Students who do not follow these procedures will face disciplinary actions. These rules are for your safety and the safety of others at Southeast Raleigh Magnet High School.
Electronic devices, such as earbuds, listening devices, mp3 players and cell phones are allowed during the academic day (7:20 AM - 2:30 PM) when appropriate. During class time, cell phones should only be used for instructional purposes as directed by a staff member. Teachers have the flexibility to establish classroom rules and procedures for use in support of BYOD (bring your own device) to enhance instruction. Students must adhere to the individual classroom expectations and procedures for electronic devices as a established by the staff member. Students are expected to apply classroom rules to electronic device use as they do all other classroom rules and procedures. Students must make responsible choices for use during transitions and in emergency situations.
Parents are welcome to our school at any time and for any event. In order for school personnel to give parents the attention that they deserve, it is best that an appointment be made before appearing at the school for a meeting. Whether you have an appointment or not, please check into the office when visiting during school hours so that we may greet you. Students are not allowed to bring other students as “visitors” to the school. Student visitors are only allowed on campus to transact school related business.
- Illness or injury that makes the student physically unable to attend school
- Isolation ordered by the State Board of Health or the Wake County Health Department
- Death in the family
- Medical, dental or other appointments with a healthcare provider approved in advance
- Court when a student is under subpoena
- Religious observance, as suggested by the religion of the student or student’s parents
- Participation in a valid educational opportunity, such as travel with prior approval from the principal, as documented on the “request for Excused Absence for Educational Reasons”
- A catastrophic event or natural disaster
**Any absence not meeting the requirements of an excused absence shall be an unexcused absence.
TARDY: OFF-CAMPUS LUNCH- STUDENTS MUST HAVE & SHOW A PASS
Juniors and Seniors (ONLY) are required to complete the off-campus paper work with parent/guardian signature prior to receiving permission for off-campus lunch.(See SRMHS website under Students:Forms) Students are expected to adhere to the time frame of the lunch schedule. Students who are continuously late returning from lunch, who transport students without off-campus privileges or bring food into school will have their off campus privileges revoked. Freshmen and Sophomores are not allowed to leave campus and will not be issued an Off Campus Pass.
Students found to be in violation of the tardy policy during transitions and off-campus lunch will be subject to the SOT policy/Off-Campus pass revocation for outstanding offenses. Refer to the following information and table below.
CHECKING OUT OF SCHOOL
- The student should bring a note from his/her parent or guardian to the attendance office between 7:00 – 7:25 am.
- The indicated parent or guardian will be contacted before a student leaves campus.
- The student will pick up the check-out note during a class change or during lunch.
- If a student becomes ill during the school day, the classroom teacher may send the student to the attendance office with a pass. The attendance office will contact the parent and communicate the immediate needs of the student.
- Students are to be properly signed out, per Policy Code: 4210, in the attendance office before they are allowed to leave campus.
Dr. Stephanie Smith
- Interim Reports- Monday, August 13
- JV & Varsity Soccer games- Monday, August 13 @ 4:30 & 6:30
- Volleyball- Monday, August 13 @ Rolesville 4:30 & 5:30
- Academy Induction Ceremony @ 6:30
- Tennis- Thursday, August 16 @ Rolesville 4:00pm
- Early Release for students-Friday, August 17
- Varsity Football- Friday, August 17 @ West Carteret 7:00pm
- Meet the Teacher- Tuesday, August 14 @ 5:30
- PTSA Meeting- Monday, August 26 at 6:00pm