5.19.19 COUGAR BLAST
Dear Cougar Family,
Please take note of the following announcements for this week.
- The Nomination Committee is recommending the following slate of nominations for the 2019/2020 school year. We will be voting the new board in at our final PTA meeting of the year on Friday, May 24th at 9:30 am. We will also be hosting a volunteer breakfast at that time. We hope you will join us.
- President: Cheryl Bryne
- Fundraising - Lindsay Tremelling
- Treasurer - Sherri Stecher
- Secretary- Nancy Bradham
- Programs - Carla Zegerman
8th GRADE END OF YEAR UPDATES:
LAST CHANCE YEARBOOK ORDERS:
- Did you forget to order your child's 2019 AMS Yearbook directly from Herff Jones? There are a limited number of last-chance yearbooks available to purchase. Guarantee your copy of the yearbook by paying online through the Apex Middle Online Payment System. Orders placed through this system will be delivered with pre-ordered yearbooks after testing.
- Reserve your child's copy here:
SPRING TESTING INFORMATION
- Parents: We are looking for some donations for unused ear-buds to use for end-of-year activities with students who may not have their own. They don't have to be high-tech or fancy! Please send any new earbud donations to the front office. Thank you!
Testing season is right around the corner. Just a few reminders:
- Please be mindful when scheduling appointments or other obligations that may make your child absent from end-of-year testing. Know that we have other engaging school-wide activities on the testing make-up days such as Field Day, and students will not want to miss those.
- We need 100 school volunteers during testing (there are some afternoon slots available!) Please sign up to volunteer here, and we look forward to seeing you!
- Also, know that rules about cell phones and electronic/activity trackers during testing have become more strict. If a student is caught or observed with a cell phone during a testing session, he/she is likely to be dismissed from the testing session and will have to re-take a different form of the test. That is not a risk worth taking. We appreciate your help with this as we try to encourage students to be responsible with their technology.
Monica Yllanes, Principal
WHAT’S HAPPENING AT THE PEAK:
May 20, 2019
- 6th Grade Band Concert, 7:00 pm, Auditorium
May 21, 2019
- 7th/8th Grades Band Concert, 7:00 pm, Auditorium
May 24, 2019
- PTA Meeting & Volunteer Breakfast, 9:30 am, Media Center
May 29 - June 6, 2019
- End of Year Testing
May 31, 2019
- 8th Grade Dance, 7:00 - 9:00 pm, Cafeteria
June 4, 2019
- Variety Show, 7:00 pm. Auditorium
June 10, 2019
- 8th Grade Moving Up Ceremony, 9:00 am, Gym - limited seating
June 11, 2019
- Last Day of School