Principal's Message March 23, 2023 (April events, Tardies, Smartwatches, Yearbook challenge, PTA updates)
Hello Falcon Families! I am sending the message out earlier today to remind you that Falcon Fest is today from 4:30 - 7:30. The PTA and parent volunteers have truly helped to plan such a fun event for kids! It is such a great way to connect with friends, neighbors, classmates, for some fun outside events, raffle baskets, and food.
Happy Track out track 4. See you back on Monday, April 24! Enjoy that long track out. Welcome back track 1 on Monday, March 27.
Events/Dates to know for April:
- April 6: Early Release, school out at 12:15 pm
- April 7: No School, Holiday
- April 21: Teacher workday, Spring Parent Conferences for ALL tracks
- April 24: Teacher workday for tracks 1, 2, and 3. Only track 4 will be at school this date!
- April 27: EOG Parent information session from 5:30 - 6:30 (virtual session). Parents of students in grades 3-5 should plan to attend to help prepare your child for this assessment.
Late/Tardies - please read!
We have noticed an increase in tardies lately. Please remember, school starts at 7:45 AM. Your child should be in the building and in their classroom by 7:45 AM. Doors open at 7:15 AM to give you a 30-minute time-frame to drop your child off to be in school on time. Doors will close at 7:45 AM and if you are late bringing your child, you will need to walk your child to the door and check them in late. It is not safe to just drop them off and not escort them to ensure they are in the building safely. We hope you will make all efforts to get them here on time. Thank you!
Personal technology devices may be used for INSTRUCTIONAL PURPOSES with the permission and under the supervision of the teachers. There is not a need for smartwatches for instructional purposes. We understand many families have them for their kids for security reasons to know where their child is and for their child to be able to reach them, if needed. But, we are noticing they are becoming a distraction to students' learning. Please know that teachers will ask them to stop playing games or playing with it, may even ask them to put it in their book bag if a huge distraction, but please know it could be confiscated for parent to pick up if a student is not compliant with directives from the teacher. As with all technology, this is a great opportunity to talk to your child about the appropriate use of the device. Thank you, in advance, for your support.
Yearbook Challenge--Last one!
Thank you SO MUCH to everyone who has sent in pictures these last five weeks. Please be sure to order your yearbook and remember, you have until April 3rd to submit your free custom pages. Click here for the yearbook flier for more information. Email Cori at email@example.com with any yearbook questions.
- Community Club: The Community Club is hosting a Spring Food Drive from March 24th to April 28th. Drop off boxes will be in the lobby. Thank you for your food donations to support our community!
- Staff Drinks Cart: Our next staff drinks cart day will be on April 10th. Please click here to help make and deliver drinks to the wonderful NFP staff!
- 2023-2024 Soar Run: We just need one more person to round out the team! Four people have already committed, so you will be joining a great team to help plan and execute this fun and important PTA event. Please email Lindsey at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help!
- Check out our website www.nfppta.com for all things NFP PTA.
Have a great weekend and hope to see our wonderful families and little Falcons at the Falcon Fest today!
Amy Light, Principal