Principal's Message March 17, 2023 (Next week, save the dates, cafeteria, SSA, yearbook challenge, PTA updates)
Hello Falcon Families,
I hope you are all doing well. We had a time change and weather change, it has been a week! :) TGIF!!!
Coming up next week:
- March 24: Early Release, students get out at 12:15 PM. YMCA runs from 12:15 - 6:00 PM.
- March 24: Track 4's last day before track out! They're tracked out from March 25 - April 21. They do come back to school on Monday, April 24. I know it looks funny on the calendar, and it will be weird for us, but ONLY track 4 comes to school on April 24. It has to do with the number of LETRS training dates needed for all teachers.
- March 24: Falcon Fest - rain or shine! 4:30 - 7:30. Can't wait to see you there. Thank you, families, for your contributions to the beautiful raffle baskets and thanks room parents for working so hard to put them together! Please note: this is not a drop-off event. Adults must accompany their students and both adults and students need tickets. Tickets are on sale on the PTA website. You can also click here to purchase admission tickets and here to purchase raffle tickets. If you pre-order tickets, wristbands will be sent home with your child before the event.
Save the Dates:
- April 6: Early Release - get out at 12:15 PM
- April 7: Holiday, no school!
- April 21: Teacher workday - no school for students
- April 21: Spring Parent Conferences (in-person/virtual)
- April 24: Teacher workday for tracks 1-3, Regular school day for track 4 ONLY (students on tracks 1, 2, and 3 do not have school on Monday, April 24)
- April 27: Parents of students in grades 3-5 - please attend our Virtual EOG Parent Information Session Night (link to come at a closer date)
Cafeteria Utensils and Condiments
If your child comes to school with a packed lunch, please be mindful to pack all necessary items. Utensils such as spoons and forks and also, condiments in the cafeteria are available for students that purchase food in the cafeteria. Thank you!
Single Subject Acceleration (SSA)
Learn more information about single subject acceleration.
The dates for requesting SSA testing for tracks 2-4 are next week: March 20-24. Track 1 date has passed. The dates that testing will take place are April 4-19 for tracks 1, 2, and 3 and April 18 - May 3 for track 4.
Falcon Fest Volunteers - WE NEED YOU!!!
We still need a lot of student AND parent volunteers for Falcon Fest. We especially need students to cover 5:45-8:00 pm shifts. Only 1 parent has signed up so far. :(
Yearbook Challenge--Almost done!
This is week 5 of a 6 week challenge. Please go to your photos RIGHT NOW and send pictures of your child around the school / on the playground / helping with beautification / the Spirit Rock / and anything fun with the teachers and staff. Email it to email@example.com Please include their name, grade, and teacher. Only one more week to go!
PTA Meeting: Thank you to everyone who attended this week's PTA meeting. If you missed the meeting, please visit our website www.nfppta.com to read the minutes. Our next meeting that was scheduled for April 11 has been canceled, and the following meeting on May 9th will be from 4:45-5:00 to vote on next year's budget.
Read Across America Contest: Thank you to all the families who helped their students' classes decorate their poster! We hope you all had fun! Congratulations to our winners: Ms. Daniels, Ms. Barnes, Ms. Enright, Ms. Geary, Ms. Davis, and Ms. Darcy.
The NFP PTA would like to thank Homewood Nursery for their generous donations.
Check out our website www.nfppta.com for all things NFP PTA.
Hope you have a great weekend and I am really looking forward to seeing families next Friday, March 24 at Falcon Fest! :)
Amy Light, Principal