Hello Lincoln Heights Families.
This fall weather is amazing and I hope you found time to enjoy the outdoors this weekend.
As we prepare for reopening, we need to know which students in Plan B Transition will be riding the bus. To help us plan for reopening, please complete this form ONLY IF you plan to use WCPSS bus transportation. If you are going to bring your child to school you do not need to do anything. Carpool procedures will be shared next week.
From Mrs. Logan, our PE Teacher: This Wednesday, October 7th is National Walk/Bike to School Week. Since 1997, communities have been coming together for Walk to School Day. This year may be different than prior years, but we still want to celebrate as a school community! Please see the calendar below for a different activity each day this week. Don't forget to track your time on Wednesday so that we see how much time we walked or biked as a school. We will have the big reveal on Friday!
- Monday – Inspire Day! Use sidewalk chalk to share inspirational messages on your sidewalks. Later in the week you will be walking or going on a bike ride. Your messages will bring inspiration to other walkers or riders.
- Tuesday – Prepare Day! Do a bike and helmet safety check! Review common pedestrian rules with your family before your walking or biking adventure. http://www.walkbiketoschool.org/plan/how-to-plan/safety-first/
- Wednesday (Walk or Bike to School Day)– Get Outside! Enjoy an adventurous bike ride or walk. Post a photo/video of your adventure on twitter and tag @LHECMES. Make sure you time your walk or bike ride so we can create a Lincoln Heights total time walked/biked for our school.
- Thursday – Time to tally up our time! Complete the Google form and tell us how long you walked or rode your bike. We will be adding up our time and sharing on Friday. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1pmxDqK_J9G5nk-nHFUoiBhD7WD0U7kpxrOCUGSCu8og/edit?usp=sharing
- Friday – Share Day! Create a piece of artwork that shows your bike ride or walk and share it on twitter @LHECMES. We will share how much time we walked or biked as a school! Thanks for participating!
A few quick announcements:
From Laura Wood, our Environmental Inquiry Integration Specialist: Here is a list of local parks with an environmental or nature theme. Hopefully, your family can find time to explore the great outdoors!
Please join the PTA! Click here to join!
I look forward to a great week ahead and appreciate your support as we GROW TOGETHER and reach #newHEIGHTS
Kim Grant, Principal
Oct. 7 - Walk/Bike to School Day
Oct. 9 - Asynchronous School Day
Oct. 16 - Asynchronous School Day
Oct. 22 - End of Quarter 1
Oct. 23 - Teacher Workday - No School