Weekly Update 5/13/22
- End of Grade Testing
- Friday, May 20th: 8th Grade Math, Math 1, and Math 2
- Monday, May 23rd: 6th Grade Math, 7th Grade Reading, 8th Grade Science
- Tuesday, May 24th: 6th Grade Reading, 7th Grade Math, 8th Grade Reading
Please make sure students bring their school-issued laptops and chargers on testing days!
- Candy Sale
Odyssey of the Mind is wrapping up its fundraising with this sweet deal. A $1 suggested donation will get you a bag of sweet treats. Place your order here! Sales will end on Saturday, May 14th at 5pm for delivery the following week.
The team is also still accepting friends and family donations and business sponsorships to help cover the travel expenses.
Yearbooks have arrived and were given out at lunch on Wednesday! If your student was absent or missed pickup, they may visit Mrs. Meyers in room 3313 during morning arrival or during 5th period. Questions? Contact Bethany Meyers at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Orchestra News
Congratulations to Mr. Miller and the TEN orchestra students who auditioned and were selected to participate in the (junior) Eastern Regional Honors Orchestra last weekend. Ayden C, Aurora H, Bryson P, Elizabeth R (violas), Maya J, Noah F, Anneliese G (violins), Alex F, Mishael A (cellos), and Jaaziah A (string bass) made our school and arts program proud. Moore Square had more students selected than any other middle school in the region!
- Theater Arts News
The students here are Moore Square are incredibly talented and dedicated to our theatre program. Even though our school doesn't have an auditorium, the students' enthusiasm and creativity turn our gym into a true performance space! The biggest challenge we face is amplifying student voices so the audience can hear their incredible talent. Our program is in need of an upgrade: not only to replace damaged systems but also to increase the number of systems we use to reflect the growth of the program. Please consider viewing their request here- https://www.tinyurl.com/m2msmics
- 8th Grade Families
- We need your help! Moore Square PTSA will be applying for a School of Excellence designation in the coming year; as part of this process, National PTA requests feedback from families and staff in our school community. We invite 8th-grade families to respond anonymously to the baseline survey linked by the language below, which will help inform our goal-making. The survey is available in English y familias de 8vo grado académico por favor respondan la referencia en Español.
- Moving Up Ceremony- May 27, 8:00 am
- Livestream link to attend virtually- https://youtu.be/zldWjvVboDM
- Due to capacity restraints, we are strongly encouraging limited attendance in-person to 2-3 guests per student.
- Options for downtown parking can be found by visiting the City of Raleigh interactive map https://raleighnc.gov/apps-maps-and-open-data/find-parking#paragraph--262556
- Ligon Student-Athletes
Save the Date! All Ligon student-athletes and their families are invited to an Athletic Awards Night to recognize Ligon Athletes on Thursday, May 26, from 5-7 p.m. in the Ligon Auditorium. Refreshments will be served after the ceremony in the cafeteria. Families, please RSVP by Friday, May 20 here.
- Teen Basketball Night
Attention teens ages 12-18! Come out to John Chavis Memorial Park TONIGHT to show off your basketball skills. There will be music, a basketball skills challenge, a three-point shooting contest! EVENT DETAILS Friday, May 13, from 6 p.m.-8:30 p.m.
- Summer School at Enloe HS
- Enloe HS has been approved to offer an in-person summer school program this summer. It is only available for students that will be attending Enloe HS, Broughton HS, Garner HS, Millbrook HS and Southeast Raleigh HS next year.
- The dates are July 6th - August 4th. You can view the details and the registration request form on the Enloe High School website. Requests will be accepted through Friday, May 20th.
- Summer Camps
- Broughton Fastbreak Football Camp- This year's camp will run from Monday, 6/27 to Friday, 7/1 and is open to boys and girls in rising 4th - 8th grades. Fastbreak Football Camp is unique in that it focuses on character education, general athletic development, and weight room fundamentals in addition to football-specific instruction. Coaches will teach young athletes the key character traits required of good teammates, the fundamentals of the game of football, and the athletic postures and movements necessary to excel in any sport. Instruction will be clear and concrete. Activities will be fun and fast-paced. Register today by visiting www.fastbreakfootballcamp.com. The cost of camp is $250, but financial aid is available. No camper will be turned away for financial reasons.
- Millbrook High School Boys' Soccer Camp- the camp is fully insured, and all profits go directly to the Millbrook High School Boys' Soccer Program. 2022 MHS Youth Day Camp July 18th through 21st 2022; 5:00 to 7:30 pm.
- Artspace Summer Camp- This summer we are offering 64 various art camps over the span of 8 weeks (June 13-August 12). Each session is a week-long and families can sign up for half-day or full-day sessions. Artspace is also currently accepting scholarship applications for families interested in participating in our summer camp program, but due to financial or pandemic-related circumstances cannot financially commit. For more information, visit- Summer Camp Program.
Join us for final M2 PTSA General Membership Meeting on May 19, 2022 at 6:30p; voting in the new slate of officers: Registration link: M2 PTSA General Membership Meeting Registration link.
Upcoming Important Dates: