Weekly Update 4/29/22
- Spirit Week from Student Council
Monday 5/2- No School
Tuesday 5/3- Team Tuesday
Wednesday 5/4- Book Character Day
Thursday 5/5- Decade Day
Friday 5/6- Pajama Day
- Odyssey of the Mind
Our Moore Square Odyssey of the Mind team has qualified for the world’s competition! Now they need your help to get there–all the way in Ames, IA. They earned 1st place at regionals and 3rd place at the state competition, and they’ve been working hard ever since to take their best work to Iowa. Now all you have to do to help them is eat! On May 5, you can eat at either (or both! lunch and dinner, anyone?) of two local restaurants: Bibibop (Cary, near Crossroads Target) and City BBQ (any of three locations: Cary, Garner, Lake Boone Trail).
At Bibibop, use the code BIBIFUNDRAISER if you’re ordering online. When ordering at the store, show the attached flyer or this Facebook event page.
At City BBQ, use the code FundA if you’re ordering online. When ordering at the store, show the attached flyer or this Facebook event page.
Please share these opportunities with your friends, and thank you for supporting our OM team!
There are only 8 yearbooks left for purchase! No more can be ordered once we sell out. Order yours now at jostens.com. Yearbooks will be delivered to the school in mid-May.
- WCPSS Spring 2022 Family Survey
There is 1 week left for the Wake County Panorama Family Survey! We need your help to ensure we hear from as many family voices as possible! The survey link for families is https://surveys.panoramaed.com/wakecounty/family/ and the survey window closes May 6.
- Summer Camps
- Broughton Fastbreak Football Camp- This year's camp will run from Monday, 6/27 to Friday, 7/1 and is open to boys and girls in rising 4th - 8th grades. Fastbreak Football Camp is unique in that it focuses on character education, general athletic development, and weight room fundamentals in addition to football-specific instruction. Coaches will teach young athletes the key character traits required of good teammates, the fundamentals of the game of football, and the athletic postures and movements necessary to excel in any sport. Instruction will be clear and concrete. Activities will be fun and fast-paced. Register today by visiting www.fastbreakfootballcamp.com. The cost of camp is $250, but financial aid is available. No camper will be turned away for financial reasons.
- Millbrook High School Boys' Soccer Camp- the camp is fully insured, and all profits go directly to the Millbrook High School Boys' Soccer Program. 2022 MHS Youth Day Camp July 18th through 21st 2022; 5:00 to 7:30 pm.
- Artspace Summer Camp- This summer we are offering 64 various art camps over the span of 8 weeks (June 13-August 12). Each session is a week-long and families can sign up for half-day or full-day sessions. Artspace is also currently accepting scholarship applications for families interested in participating in our summer camp program, but due to financial or pandemic-related circumstances cannot financially commit. For more information, visit- Summer Camp Program.
- Community Education Programming
ACEs 101- A Virtual Workshop. First Fridays Feb-June 2022, 12-1 pm. In this one-hour virtual workshop, we will explain ACEs and offer everyday actions you can take to prevent and alleviate them. See flyer for details.
- 8th Grade Families
- 8th Grade Formal- Friday, April 29, 6:00-8:00pm
- Save the Date! Moving Up Ceremony- May 27, 8:00am
- Summer School at Enloe HS
- Enloe HS has been approved to offer an in-person summer school program this summer. It is only available for students that will be attending Enloe HS, Broughton HS, Garner HS, Millbrook HS and Southeast Raleigh HS next year.
- The dates are July 6th - August 4th. You can view the details and the registration request form on the Enloe High School website. Requests will be accepted through Friday, May 20th.
- Walk to School Day! We will be participating in the 11th Annual National Walk to School Day event on May 4, 2022. We will meet in the Chavis Park parking lot off Chavis Way (E. Lenoir Street entrance) between 6:30 and 6:45 am to walk the 4 blocks to Moore Square. More information about the program can be found at Walk & Bike to School (walkbiketoschool.org).
- Arts Boosters
Dear Parents and Care Providers,
Thank you for your continued support of Moore Square’s Arts Boosters 2021-22 Fund Raiser. Money raised funds visual art supplies, registration fees for art competitions, and artists in residence. Additionally, funds support the purchasing of scripts and associated copyright fees, costumes, lighting, set building materials, props, and instruments.
Below are a couple of ways to get and stay involved in Arts Program’s success:
- We are excited to welcome guests to additional Spring shows, and will be offering multiple ways to concessions, flowers and to make donations. There will be cash and card lines. The card line will accommodate most credit cards, in addition to apple pay, banking apps, etc.
- May 11th - Orchestra Concert (6:00pm)
- May 12th - Theater/Dance Concert (6:00pm)
- May 10th - Choral Concert (6:00pm)
- Would you like to see your name in the “Stars”? Now is your chance. By donating a sum of $250 or more to the Arts Boosters fundraising effort, we will paint a star with your name on the wall near the gymnasium at school. Your shining star will be showcased for 3 years, and the funds will enhance what you see, hear and experience throughout the school. Visit https://www.mooresquarearts.com to initiate your star experience.
The following contributors are already stars: Walas Family, Brian Hicks, Medlin Family, Elkins Family, Jennifer Chancellor and William Hall, Riya Singh and Family, Sam Aiken, Sage Aiken, Cox Family and Sayers Family. Thank you!!
- If you have a musical instrument at home that is collecting dust, please consider donating it to the school or if you are interested in supporting social events, please email@example.com
To provide a monetary contribution of any value, please fill out form below, and deliver with funds in an envelope to one of the Moore Square Art Staff (listed below). Or visit https://www.mooresquarearts.com to contribute online.
Thank you for helping us enhance, promote, and encourage the Arts for every member of the Moore Square Magnet Middle School family.
Moore Square Art Booster Officers
Paris Harris (Chair), Allison Medlin (Vice Chair), Carey Forman (Treasurer) and Jason Sayers (Secretary)
Moore Square Art Staff
Kevin Byrd (Band and Art Booster Staff Liaison), Todd Miller (Orchestra), Kiona Ervin (Chorus) Nicole Duncan (Dance), Olivia Robinette (Theatre) and Frank Kreacic (Visual Arts)