Weekly Update 10/15/21
- Report Cards:
Report cards, I-Ready data, and STAR math data will be going home today (10/15/21). Please review all papers and keep at home for your records.
The yearbook team needs your help! Please send in your pictures via this link (code:416224658) of summer activities, fall track out, hobbies and talents, and sports in or out of school. There are only 84 yearbooks left! Order yours now at jostens.com!
- Winter Sports:
Winter sports tryouts, boys and girls basketball, will be held sometime around the second week of November. We have not received an official date from Ligon at this time. Every student trying out will need to have a current physical on file and all the paperwork completed to try out. If your child tried out for a fall sport, then they will not need a new physical unless it is expired. Only students who have current physicals turned into Mr. Scheck will be allowed to ride the bus from Moore Square to Ligon. You can find the physical form and the paperwork on the Moore Square website under Activities. If you have any questions, you can email Mr. Scheck at email@example.com.
- 8th Graders: Early College and Magnet High School Information
- The application period starts October 15th
- Virtual Early College Fair: Saturday, October 16th, 9 - 11 a.m. Register here
- A speaker from Vernon Malone College and Career Academy will be at Moore Square on Thursday, October 21st at 7:30 am (1st period) to talk about their early college program. Please email Mrs. Estes (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested or have any questions.
- Magnet Family Information Sessions- families of current magnet students can join to understand your priority for selection to a magnet school at the high school level.
- Virtual WCPSS Magnet/Early College Programs Parent Info Session: October 21st; November 4th; December 2nd and 16th at 10 - 11 a.m. Google meet link; November 18th and January 20th at 5 - 6 p.m. Google meet link; RSVP HERE
- Virtual Magnet, Early College, and Crossroads FLEX Fair: Saturday, November 6th, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Video: How to Apply to an Early College https://youtu.be/4_C2C7l1_wU
- PTSA Information:
- Reflections Contest- “I Will Change The World By…”
- Each entry into the Reflections art contest earns you one raffle ticket to win some great prizes! Enter as many pieces as you’d like to express your creativity around this year’s theme! Fill out a separate entry form for each piece. The prizes will be raffled off to all participants at an award celebration, date TBD.
- Get creative and enter in one of six categories: dance, film, literature, music, photography, and visual arts. Your creations could go on to represent Moore Square at the county, state, or even national level!
- All entries are due online TODAY! You don’t need to turn in your physical artwork (judging will be virtual), but please keep it safe in hopes that we are able to hold an in-person art show and celebration later in the year.
- Learn more or fill out your online entry form below. https://sites.google.com/view/m2reflections2021-22/home
- Questions? Feel free to email our PTSA Reflections Chair, Amy Olszak, email@example.com
- Arts Boosters:
- The Moore Square Visual and Performing Arts Departments are rebuilding post-pandemic, and we need your help to support their continued growth and revitalization. The Moore Square Arts Boosters committee is hosting a fundraiser to finance this year’s programs and initiatives. This fundraising effort is separate from the PTSA and is needed to ensure a vibrant and rigorous course of study in the Arts. Please view the full informational letter here.
- Our board members are Paris Harris (Chair), Allison Medlin (Vice Chair), Carey Forman (Treasurer), Jason Sayers (Secretary), and Kevin Byrd (Art Booster Staff Liaison).