Weekly Update 9/17/21
The yearbook team needs your help! Please send in your pictures via this link (code:416224658) of summer activities, fall track out, hobbies and talents, and sports in or out of school. Also, you can still order a yearbook for the sale price of $35 through 9/24. Order yours now at jostens.com!
- Spirit Week 9/20-9/24:
Monday- Dress Like A Pirate Day
Tuesday- Wear Moore Square Gear
Wednesday- 80’s Day
Thursday- Crazy Hair Day
Friday- Pajama Day
- Fall Sports Through Ligon:
The Football, Girls’ Soccer, Girls’ Volleyball, and Cheerleading contact information and schedules from Ligon Middle School can be found here. It can also be accessed on our website, under “activities”, then “athletics” tab.
Basketball (B)- Tuesdays, Volleyball (V)- Wednesdays, and Soccer (S)- Thursdays will run through the first semester. View the full schedule here. They will begin after school at 2:15 and run until 3:30pm. All grade levels are invited to attend. Please email Mr. Scheck at email@example.com with any questions.
- Career Corner:
Quarterly publication of the Career Development Website - Career Corner of the Square
- 8th graders: Early College and Magnet High School Information
- Application period starts October 15th
- Broughton Magnet High School’s first tour (virtual) is Tuesday, September 21st at 9:15 am. To register and for more information, please visit the Magnet Website.
- Virtual WCPSS Magnet/Early College Programs Parent Info Session: September 16th; October 7th and 21st; November 4th; December 2nd and 16th at 10 - 11 a.m. Google meet link; November 18th and January 20th at 5 - 6 p.m. Google meet link
- Virtual Early College Fair: Saturday, October 16th, 9 - 11 a.m.
- Virtual Magnet, Early College, and Crossroads FLEX Fair: Saturday, November 6th, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- PTSA Information:
- Please consider joining our parent-teacher-student association. You can learn more by viewing their mission statement video here.
- Thank you to everyone who donated to our Annual Fund! To date, we have received $18,513.96 towards our $30,000 goal. Funds we raise support our school, staff, and students. Our work is not done, however. The Arts Boosters typically covers all art-related items (art classes, dance, music, theater, etc...), things we as a PTSA have not budgeted for. Unfortunately, the Arts Boosters does not have a Board and therefore is unable to support these needs at this time. Of course, your PTSA wants to support our school in every way possible. To do that, we need to reach and exceed our Annual Fund goal so we may fully fund our budget AND the arts needs at our school. Please donate to help us support the arts this year. If you are interested in helping the Arts Boosters this year, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reflections Contest- “I Will Change The World By…”
- Each entry into the Reflections art contest earns you one raffle ticket to win some great prizes! Enter as many pieces as you’d like to express your creativity around this year’s theme! Fill out a separate entry form for each piece. The prizes will be raffled off to all participants at an award celebration, date TBD.
- Get creative and enter in one of six categories: dance, film, literature, music, photography, and visual arts. Your creations could go on to represent Moore Square at the county, state, or even national level!
- All entries are due online by October 15th! You don’t need to turn in your physical artwork (judging will be virtual), but please keep it safe in hopes that we are able to hold an in-person art show and celebration later in the year.
- Learn more or fill out your online entry form below. https://sites.google.com/view/m2reflections2021-22/home
- Questions? Feel free to email our PTSA Reflections Chair, Amy Olszak, email@example.com
Upcoming Important Dates:
- Tuesday, September 21- Basketball Intramurals
- Wednesday, September 22 - Volleyball Intramurals
- Wednesday, September 22 - Ligon Girls’ Soccer & Volleyball Games at Dillard (away)
- Thursday, September 23 - Soccer Intramurals
- Thursday, September 23 - Ligon Football Game at Dillard (away)
- Friday, September 24 - Quarter 1 ends
- Monday, September 27 - Monday, October 11 - Fall Track Out (no school)
- Tuesday, October 12 - Quarter 2 begins