Weekly Update 9/10/21
- Picture Makeup Day
Students will take their makeup pictures on Tuesday, September 14th. View the flyer with the online ordering code here.
- Fall Sports Through Ligon:
The Football, Girls’ Soccer, Girls’ Volleyball, and Cheerleading contact information and schedules from Ligon Middle School can be found here. It can also be accessed on our website, under “activities”, then “athletics” tab.
Basketball (B)- Tuesdays, Volleyball (V)- Wednesdays, and Soccer (S)- Thursdays will run through the first semester. View the full schedule here. They will begin after school at 2:15 and run until 3:30pm. All grade levels are invited to attend. Please email Mr. Scheck at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Career Corner:
Quarterly publication of the Career Development Website - Career Corner of the Square
Most students in our school completed the i-Ready Beginning of the Year Reading Diagnostic. A few students still need to finish by Wed., Sept. 8 or the program will reset automatically, deleting any of their progress. Students will receive a copy of their results with report cards.
- Youth Initiatives Interest Meeting:
The Knightdale -Wake Forest Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. is having an interest meeting for their Youth Initiatives Delta Academy (for Middle School Girls) and EMBODI (for Middle School Boys) on Saturday, September 11th at 12 pm. Please see the flyer for more information.
- Wake Early College of Health and Sciences
8th graders: Wake Early College of Health and Sciences (WECHS) will have a representative come to Moore Square to speak to you all about their Early College program. This will be on Wednesday, September 15th during 1st period (7:30 am) in Dr. Hawkins’s room.
- WECHS is an application school providing opportunities for students to explore careers in health and sciences through partnerships with Wake Tech and WakeMed Health and Hospitals. Their four-/five-year (student choice) high school program allows students to earn their high school diploma as well as earn an associate degree for college transfer - all at no cost to students or their families. Students follow a rigorous high school program of core honors (all) classes for the first two years and are dual-enrolled in Wake Tech courses for the remaining years.
- If you are interested in learning more about the program and want to attend please email Mrs. Estes (email@example.com) to let her know.
- PTSA Information:
- Please consider joining our parent-teacher-student association. You can learn more by viewing their mission statement video here.
- Thank you to everyone who donated to our Annual Fund! To date, we have received $18,513.96 towards our $30,000 goal. Funds we raise support our school, staff, and students. Our work is not done, however. The Arts Boosters typically covers all art-related items (art classes, dance, music, theater, etc...), things we as a PTSA have not budgeted for. Unfortunately, the Arts Boosters does not have a Board and therefore is unable to support these needs at this time. Of course, your PTSA wants to support our school in every way possible. To do that, we need to reach and exceed our Annual Fund goal so we may fully fund our budget AND the arts needs at our school. Please donate to help us support the arts this year. If you are interested in helping the Arts Boosters this year, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reflections Contest- “I Will Change The World By…”
- Each entry into the Reflections art contest earns you one raffle ticket to win some great prizes! Enter as many pieces as you’d like to express your creativity around this year’s theme! Fill out a separate entry form for each piece. The prizes will be raffled off to all participants at an award celebration, date TBD.
- Get creative and enter in one of six categories: dance, film, literature, music, photography, and visual arts. Your creations could go on to represent Moore Square at the county, state, or even national level!
- All entries are due online by October 15th! You don’t need to turn in your physical artwork (judging will be virtual), but please keep it safe in hopes that we are able to hold an in-person art show and celebration later in the year.
- Learn more or fill out your online entry form below. https://sites.google.com/view/m2reflections2021-22/home
- Questions? Feel free to email our PTSA Reflections Chair, Amy Olszak, email@example.com
Upcoming Important Dates:
- Tuesday, September 14 - Basketball Intramurals
- Tuesday, September 14 - Picture Makeup/Retake Day
- Wednesday, September 15 - Volleyball Intramurals
- Thursday, September 16 - Soccer Intramurals
- Tuesday, September 21- Basketball Intramurals
- Wednesday, September 22 - Volleyball Intramurals
- Thursday, September 23 - Soccer Intramurals
- Wednesday, September 22 - Ligon Girls’ Soccer & Volleyball Games at Dillard (away)
- Thursday, September 23 - Ligon Football Game at Dillard (away)
- Friday, September 24 - Quarter 1 ends
- Monday, September 27 - Monday, October 11 - Fall Track Out (no school)
- Tuesday, October 12 - Quarter 2 begins