Weekly Update 8/20/21
We will begin giving out tardies starting Monday, August 23rd. Please remember that our instructional bell rings at 7:30am. Students will receive a lunch detention for every 3rd tardy and a day of ISS for the 12th tardy in a quarter. This includes arrival to school and to each class.
- Picture Makeup Day
Students will take their makeup pictures on Tuesday, September 14th. View the flyer with the online ordering code here.
- Cell Phone policy
Please review the Moore Square cell phone policy with your student. Students should have all cell phones off and put away during the school day unless a teacher has given them permission to use it for academic purposes. Please support this policy by not texting or calling your student during the school day. Should they need to get in touch with you, we are happy to have them use a school phone. If you need to get a message to them before the end of the day, feel free to call the main office and we will relay it to them. Thank you for supporting us with this!
Will begin next week! Basketball (B)- Tuesdays, Volleyball (V)- Wednesdays, and Soccer (S)- Thrusdays will start on 8/24/21 and run through the first semester. View the full schedule here. They will begin after school at 2:15 and run until 3:30pm. All grade levels are invited to attend. Please email Mr. Scheck at email@example.com with any questions.
- AIG Nomination Window:
The AIG nomination window for the upcoming school year will be available August 19-September 3rd. Please click the AIG Nomination Link to see how to nominate your child. If you have any questions regarding the process, contact Kenneth Lesher, Lead AIG Teacher, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Student Illness:
You may not enter a WCPSS facility if you are-
- Diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 10 days
- Exposed to COVID-19 within the last 14 days and not fully vaccinated
- Instructed to quarantine
- Sick or experiencing any of these symptoms of illness:
- 100.4° fever or higher
- Sore throat
- New cough
- New shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- New loss of taste or smell
- Diarrhea or vomiting
- New severe headache
Students who are not feeling well but do not have one of the COVID-19 symptoms listed above may return to school after they have gone at least 24 hours without a fever (without the use of fever-reducing medicine) and have felt well for 24 hours.
View wcpss.net/WhenToReturn for the full requirements to return after a COVID-19 diagnosis, exposure, or symptoms.
- Help fund Ms. Langston’s Projects:
Ms. Langston, one of our amazing Social Studies teachers, currently has three projects on Donors Choose. Please consider viewing each one and donating if you’re able!
- Fire Breathing Rubber Duckies is part TWO to her previous project to obtain art supplies for an afterschool club she began last school year. This club serves as an outlet for kids to talk, paint, and learn from each other.
- Positive Students + Positive Behaviors = Positive FUN will help her continue to foster students creativity, critical thinking, academic growth and problem solving skills by continuing the use of art, games, and incentives in her classroom.
- She also has a joint project with Mrs. Skinner called ROARING for a Good Book to obtain a book vending machine that students will use earned tokens to "purchase" a book of their choice to keep.
- Clubs and Organizations:
We are adding to our list of available clubs and organizations for the 2021-2022 school year. All information, including overviews and meeting times can be found on our website, under the “activities” tab.
- Volunteers Needed:
Please consider helping us to broaden our students' world by sharing your expertise and college or career journey. Sign-up to volunteer here!
- PTSA Information:
- Hi-Tech Teens-Web Development/Design:
- Date: Every Saturday from August 14-September 18
- Time: 1 pm- 3pm
- Cost: FREE
- Grade: Rising 7th-high school
- Registration Link: https://buff.ly/3fd3oF9
Upcoming Important Dates:
- Tuesday, August 24 - Basketball Intramurals begin
- Wednesday, August 25 - Volleyball Intramurals begin
- Thursday, August 26 - Soccer Intramurals begin
- Monday, September 6 - Holiday (no school)
- Tuesday, September 14 - Picture Makeup/Retake Day
- Monday, September 27 - Monday, October 11 - Fall Track Out (no school)
- Tuesday, October 12 - Quarter 2 begins