Return to Headlines
Weekly Update 3/11/21 Facebook Live with Dr. Jordan
(Click on the image to watch the full video message from Dr. Jordan)
Have a safe and restful spring track out, March 15-26!
- Please read the parent input session letter (en Español) from Dr. Ashlie Thompson, our Central Area Superintendent, regarding the Principal selection process. PARENT INPUT SURVEY LINK
- Welcome new families! You can visit our welcome website that was designed to be a guide for all incoming families. We will be updating it throughout the next few months as we receive more guidance on what the 2021-2022 school year will look like, so stay tuned!
- Spirit Wear Sale: Our PTSA spirit wear sale is accepting orders through Sunday, March 14! All rising 6th-grade and Virtual Academy families will need to pick up their spirit wear orders on either: April 8th or 9th, 10AM-12PM OR 3-5PM. Plan B students have the option of having their items sent home through their 5th Period Teacher (students will receive their items the next time their cohort is in school on or after April 8). This is your last chance for M² gear until next school year! They also have 8th-grader yard signs available! https://mooresquare.memberhub.store/store?category=SPIRIT%20WEAR.
- Intramurals: Basketball on Tuesdays and soccer on Thursdays will continue each week through the middle of May. If you have any questions contact Mr. Scheck (email@example.com).
- Yearbook: Out of the 250 yearbooks ordered, we only have 31 left so get yours before they’re gone! Order online now!
- We need subs! Our district has recently launched a campaign to recruit substitute teachers. Our subs receive training, work flexible hours and earn bi-weekly pay and incentives based on the number of jobs they pick up. If you have an interest in supporting our schools and shaping bright futures, visit wcpss.net/subs to learn more.
- Meals will be free for all students through June 2021. Breakfast and lunch will be available at no cost for all students. In addition, meals will continue to be served at curbside feeding sites listed at wcpss.net/food. Meals are limited to one breakfast and one lunch per student per day, and students do not need to enter their student ID to receive meals.
- High School Registration:
- HS registration materials are in the Moore Square 8th Grade Counseling Google Classroom. Course recommendations were sent to the students’ school email.
- If you were unable to attend the parent sessions, you can view the recording for registration information. (*please note that the presentation ends at the 1:14:00 mark). If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Estes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students will begin registering for classes on Thursday, March 4th. Please see the registration schedule for your school’s registration day. If you have any questions or need help with registration, you can book an appointment here. https://www.picktime.com/m2msjestes
- WCPSS is offering Restorative and Community Building Circles over the next few weeks and opening it up to families and caretakers. View the flyer for more information. En Español
- Moore Square Community Travel Program: We are excited to announce an international travel program* to England and France for the summer of 2022 through EF Tours! Visit www.eftours.com/2378275zr for more detailed information. Contact our travel coordinator, Mrs. Meyers, for questions and interest (email@example.com). *This is not a school or county-sponsored trip, it is offered as an opportunity for families and friends of Moore Square.
- Information regarding testing this spring for Single Subject Acceleration (SSA) in the 2021-22 school year:
- Free Family Workshops for Stress Management, Wellness Skills, and Keeping Kids Safe: WCPSS offers free wellness workshops that focus on helping students and families during this challenging time. Topics available include Circle Connections, keeping kids emotionally and physically safe, stress management and wellness skills, and a Virtual Parent Summit. These workshops can help families learn about emotional support strategies being used in our schools, which can also benefit families at home. Learn more.
- Mark your calendar for our upcoming Murder Mystery Play brought to you by our Acting I and II classes!