Weekly Update 2/25/21 Facebook Live with Ms. Meyers
Facebook Live Transcript from Ms. Meyers 2.25.21
Did you catch our Facebook Live video? If not, you can watch it here- https://fb.watch/3U-c83y2y6/
Moore Square Community Travel Program: We are excited to announce an international travel program to England and France for the summer of 2022 through EF Tours! Visit www.eftours.com/2378275zr for more detailed information. Contact our travel coordinator, Mrs. Meyers, for questions and interest (firstname.lastname@example.org).
*This is not a school or county-sponsored trip. It is offered as an opportunity for families and friends of Moore Square.
- Intramurals: Basketball will begin on Tuesday, March 2nd and soccer will begin on March 4th, both will continue each Tuesday and Thursday through the middle of May. Intramurals will begin after school at 2:15 and parents need to pick up their student(s) at 3:30. There will not be any gameplay in any of the intramurals. We will work on skill development and skills will be done on an individual basis (there will be no group drills to maintain social distancing). All students will be required to wear a face-covering at all times. Students are only allowed to attend intramurals if their cohort is in the school building. Virtual Academy students can participate also, by filling out the interest form below so that we can place them in a cohort. Virtual Academy students will need to arrive between 2:20-2:30 on Martin Street (where the buses pick up students) for a health screening in their car before being allowed into the building. If you have any questions contact Mr. Scheck (email@example.com).
- Yearbook: You do not want to miss out on purchasing a yearbook to document this crazy pandemic year! Order online now! The deadline to purchase a yearbook is April 16th! There is no guarantee we will have some to purchase in person. We sold out online last year. The deadline to turn in your own portrait picture for the yearbook is March 5th. You must go to https://www.ybkplus.com/ and follow the directions. Use the parent email on file with the school.
- Peer Tutoring: NJHS and Student Council are sponsoring peer tutoring sessions for any interested Moore Square students on our next asynchronous day!
- Hero Squad: Students, parents, teachers, any other individuals are welcome to take part in this year's Leukemia and Lymphoma Society fundraiser and competition. Each 1st-period classroom has a webpage through our main donation page: https://events.lls.org/pages/nc/Moore-Square-Magnet-Middle-School-2021. Our Moore Square goal is $2,021 this year. There are individual prizes given to students who donate the most. The proceeds from this online donation competition go toward cancer research. Our school-wide event ends Feb. 26.
- We need subs! Our district has recently launched a campaign to recruit substitute teachers. Our subs receive training, work flexible hours and earn bi-weekly pay and incentives based on the number of jobs they pick up. If you have an interest in supporting our schools and shaping bright futures, visit wcpss.net/subs to learn more.
- Meals will be free for all students through June 2021. Breakfast and lunch will be available at no cost for all students who are learning in-person within the school, as well as students who are remote learning, including students in Virtual Academy. Meals will be served via the service method that is chosen by the principal and cafeteria staff. In addition, meals will continue to be served at curbside feeding sites listed at wcpss.net/food. Meals are limited to one breakfast and one lunch per student per day, and students do not need to enter their student ID to receive meals.
- Ms. Bumsted has created a Donors Choose project to hopefully bring a ukulele program to Moore Square next school year! You can view the information here.
- 8th-grade families: February begins high school Open Houses and Curriculum Nights. Please view the link for the events for your high school.
- Mrs. Estes will host virtual parent high school registration informational sessions on March 1st at 8am and 5:30pm. Please register to attend and for the Google link. http://bit.ly/parentHSmeeting If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Estes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students will begin registering for classes on Thursday, March 4th. Please see the registration schedule for your school’s registration day. If you have any questions or need help with registration, you can book an appointment here. https://www.picktime.com/m2msjestes