Weekly Update 1/21/21 Google Meet with WCPSS Family Academy
Hello Moore Square Families,
We would like to say thank you to the WCPSS Family Academy for their presentation last night to our Spanish-speaking families. If you missed the Google Meet, you can view the information here.
We also appreciate your patience and flexibility as we navigated our first "snow" day of this school year! I hope you were able to go out and enjoy some fun before it melted.
1/28/21 Weekly Updates:
- Materials Pickup for the third and fourth quarters will resume on 1/29 and 2/3 from 10:00 am-4:00 pm. Picture packages and proofs will be given out on these days as well.
- Yearbook: We still need your pictures! Every student that submits pictures for the yearbook will be entered into a drawing that will be held at the end of February. You can email pictures to email@example.com or upload them to https://images.jostens.com/415464728 (The UID is 415464728). You can purchase a yearbook here.
- Dreambox: Students are expected to complete 5 lessons weekly on the Dreambox learning platform. This is to reinforce skills being taught in class as well as close learning gaps due to the pandemic. Any student that completes at least 5 lessons each week, will be entered into a drawing for a $10 gift card to Bojangles, Cookout, McDonald’s, Chick-fil-a, or Starbucks. There will be one winner per grade level per week. Please encourage your child to complete their lessons! They are able to access the platform through their Rapid Identity- WakeID Portal.
- Picture Makeup Day will be Wednesday, February 24, 2021, which is an Asynchronous Learning Day. Appointments will be needed. More information to come as we get closer to this date.
- Comfort Zone Camps is a national nonprofit organization that provides a safe and fun place for kids grieving the death of a parent, sibling, or significant person in their life. CZC offers FREE 3-day weekend camps, family camps, and virtual programs. All programming empowers children to grieve, heal, and grow in healthy ways. For more information please check out the flyer.
- We need subs! Our district has recently launched a campaign to recruit substitute teachers. Our subs receive training, work flexible hours and earn bi-weekly pay and incentives based on the number of jobs they pick up. If you have an interest in supporting our schools and shaping bright futures, visit wcpss.net/subs to learn more.
- Meals will be free for all students through June 2021. Breakfast and lunch will be available at no cost for all students who are learning in-person within the school, as well as students who are remote learning, including students in Virtual Academy. Meals will be served via the service method that is chosen by the principal and cafeteria staff. In addition, meals will continue to be served at curbside feeding sites listed at wcpss.net/food. Meals are limited to one breakfast and one lunch per student per day, and students do not need to enter their student ID to receive meals.
- Families in need of free or reduced-price meals should complete a meal benefits application. Although an approved application is not required to receive free meals through June 2021, school system education funding for students depends on meal benefits applications being completed. Information about applying for Meal Benefits for next school year can be found at School Meals/Free/Reduced Meals. Applications can be completed online at MySchoolApps.com, or a paper application can be requested by calling 919-588-3535.
- Please note that asynchronous days are NOT every Wednesday for this semester. We will follow the S2 district calendar for asynchronous days. The list of asynchronous days can also be found here.
- Ms. Bumsted is has created a Donors Choose project to hopefully bring a ukelele program to Moore Square next school year! You can view the information here.
- 8th-grade families: February begins high school Open Houses and Curriculum Nights. Please view the link for the events for your high school.
- Coming up this week: Wakefield on February 3rd and Knightdale and Rolesville on February 4th