Return to Headlines
Weekly Update 10/1/20 Facebook Live with Dr. Jordan
Facebook Live Transcript from Dr. Jordan 10.1.20
Click here to read the answers to the questions we received in the Open House feedback form. We will continue to update as we learn more and receive more guidance from the district.
- Visit https://linktr.ee/mooresquareptsa to join the PTSA, donate, sign up for the weekly newsletter, learn about how to get free money for our school, etc.
- The last day to give to our Annual Fund Campaign is tomorrow, Friday October 2nd! We are currently $7,650 away for our goal!
- Reflections: Students...it's time to use your creativity! Reflections is an annual art competition for Moore Square students that is happening now The theme this year is "I Matter Because..." and students can submit works of literature, music, dance, and visual arts. The deadline is 5:00 pm on October 21st and you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Join our Moore Square Locals Series! Help out our school by showing our students what it’s like to grow up and work in Raleigh. We want to expose our students to as many local professionals as possible by having them film a short flipgrid video about their career. Email our Career Development Coordinator, Wendy Gressett, for more information email@example.com.
- Your student may be participating in i-Ready Diagnostic Testing beginning Monday, Oct. 12th, the day after our fall break. If your student was selected to take the test, he/she received notification from their ELA teacher and/or other school personnel. i-Ready, Diagnostic Testing will take place for 6th-grade students on Monday, Oct. 12th, 7th-grade students on Tuesday, Oct. 13th & 8th-grade students on Thursday, Oct. 15th. Testing will take place within a Google meet with a proctor beginning at 8am each day. Students should work throughout the morning until the test is complete. Some students may require accommodations and will be testing on different days and at different times. All students are encouraged to take their time and do their best. Email our Intervention Coordinator, Caryn Venrano-Credle, for more information firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Virtual Early College and Crossroads Flex Fair- Saturday, October 17, 9:00-11:00am and Virtual Magnet, Early College & Year-Round Schools Fair- Saturday, November 7, 9:00am-12:00pm https://www.wcpss.net/Page/40214
- Submit your photos for our Yearbook! This year, we will design the yearbook pages by month in chronological order instead of by subjects, so we will need pictures from you for each month! Please consider helping us out by taking pictures and sharing them! This year will be a challenge, but with your help, we can design a great book that tells this unique story of life in 2020. Please visit https://www.smore.com/p236g for more info. You can submit your photos directly to https://images.jostens.com/415464728 or email pictures to email@example.com. Yearbooks are on sale right now through 10/23, get yours while they only cost $35 (after that they will go up in price). Purchase a Yearbook here- http://jostensyearbooks.com?ref=A01063669.