WCPSS Student Device Program
Every student in WCPSS is being offered a Lenovo 300E Chromebook. Every student should send in an agreement form. The student keeps the device until they leave WCPSS or when their loan period ends and a new device is issued. Loan periods are three to four years. Students will be notified when their loan period has ended.
- Parents have a right to refuse the device and provide one for their own student.
- Students are strongly encouraged to accept the fully supported Student Device that is provided.
- All student devices will work with district applications, including testing.
- Personal devices need to come to school each day.
- Personal devices will not receive tech support from the district.
- There is no fee to participate in the Student Device Program.
- There is no fee for the first replacement device during each loan period.
- The district may issue a fine in certain cases when damage occurs.
- The district may issue a fine for failure to return a Student Device when required ie. leaving WCPSS, graduation, etc.
- Students should not decorate or alter the device provided by WCPSS in any way.
- Lenovo 300E Chromebooks issued from LRMS have one sticker on the device and one on the charger with the students' name.
- Student devices that are not functioning because of a defect in the device will be repaired or replaced as needed. Devices that are damaged or lost will be replaced once during the device loan period. Students who experience a second incident of damage or loss will be limited to in-school use of a device only. All families will be expected to sign an agreement acknowledging this and other student expectations.
Any questions about LRMS/WCPSS Chromebooks should be directed to Ms. Bussell at firstname.lastname@example.org during the school year. When traditional school is on summer break, please call the Help Desk at 919-664-5700 (option 1).
Any questions about wifi hotspots should be directed to our School Social Worker, Wanda Harris at email@example.com.
Leaving WCPSS? Return your chromebook to your base school.
Do you want files from your WCPSS Google account before you go? Instructions