2021-2022 School Year
Information about the 2021-2022 School Year will be added here as it is available. This is a long webpage - so keep scrolling - we wanted to have all the information in one spot.
Lion Camp 2021 will be held on Friday, August 20th.
Rising 6th Graders will come in the morning. Rising 7th and 8th graders are invited for the afternoon. Lion Camp is a great time to get a tour of the school, buy some spirit wear and a lock and meet your teachers and classmates.
More details will be added here as we know them.
We will be using the lockers 2021-2022. Students that want to use a locker purchase a lock from the school/PTSA for their main school locker. Lockers will be assigned by your team teachers and there will be guidance about when you can visit your locker. Students will be allowed to carry their backpacks to class to safely transport their district-issued Chromebook.
P.E. Locker Room lockers: I am waiting for guidance about this. Stay tuned.
New for 2021-2022 - Student Device Program
The Student Device Program provides every WCPSS student with one student device per student. Students will receive a new student device every three to four years. To participate in the Student Device Program, students must sign an annual Student Device Program Agreement Form and follow the expectations outlined in the agreement.
Information about wifi hotspots is not yet available.
There will be much more information about this program coming to families from WCPSS. Stay Tuned!
Students are dismissed at 3 PM by the use of numbers on the TV screen in each classroom.
Bus Riders: The bus numbers are displayed and called when the bus arrives. The bus-riding students' exit to the bus lot through the cafeteria breezeway. Information about bus stops can be found here.
Carpool Riders: Parents are assigned two identical tags per family for carpool purposes. A staff member will walk past the carpool line and add the carpool number to the screen. Please leave the carpool number up on your rearview mirror until you leave our parking lot. A second staff member is removing your carpool number as you leave campus with your student. If you had a carpool tag from 2020-2021, keep it. If you need a new one, there will be times set up to pick one up when the new school year starts. Stay tuned!
All Students Will Receive Free School Meals For the 2021-22 School Year
Breakfast and lunch will be available at no cost to students for the 2021-22 school year. While the district may be able to offer free meals to all students, it is very important for eligible parents to complete a meal benefits application because this data enables schools to obtain funding to provide other important educational resources to benefit students. Other benefits that are issued directly to families that have applied and are eligible for meal benefits may also be available (such as the P-EBT cash benefit). Meal benefits applications for the 2021-22 school year will be available online at myschoolapps.com starting July 1, 2021. Paper applications will also be available at all schools. More: www.wcpss.net/free-reduced-meals.
School supply lists by grade level will be posted here as they are available.
General needs for all students:
- school lock for locker (purchased from PTSA)- info coming soon
- a second lock for PE locker room- purchased anywhere
- WCPSS issued Chromebook
- Tennis shoes for days when your student is in PE.
Use this link to see more information about Leesville Road Middle School: a typical day, video tour, etc.
MEMBERHUB AND TWITTER - CONNECT TO LRMS
WCPSS provided Chromebooks do not require a BYOD Contract. Cell phones do require a contract.
If you plan to bring a personal device or cellphone to school, please review the BYOD contract.
- Read the BYOD Contract (Spanish)
- If you do not want to participate in BYOD for a cell phone you do nothing.
- If you do want to participate in BYOD, send an email to Betty Crawford firstname.lastname@example.org stating that you have read the contract and agree to the statements on page 2 of the contract. NOTE: In this email, please state your student(s) full name.
- LRHS Community Day, Wednesday evening August 11 - Hosted by LRHS PTSA
- We would like to invite all of our Leesville community to come out on Wednesday night, August 11 for a football scrimmage, games, auction, 50/50 raffle, and lots of fun!!!!
- We will have special Leesville items for you to bid on including custom corn hole boards, Pride football helmets, and more!
- More info to come as we get closer to the date!
Information will be added here as it is known.