Return to School Information
We have compiled a lot of information on this page to help our students who will be learning in person at LRMS. Please contact your student's homeroom teacher if you have questions you do not see addressed here.
Symptom Screening Questions
Afternoon Dismissal - Carpool Tags
If you did not pick up a carpool tag during item pickup, they can be picked up in the front office. To ensure a safe dismissal, carpool students will be called and dismissed as their ride comes. Each family will get two identical tags per family. As you pull up to pick up your plan B student(s), your student (s) will leave their last period class and head directly to your car.
Afternoon Dismissal - Bus Riders
*as of 11/2/20 Bus Routes are now posted for middle school students
Find your transportation information on Home Base
Updated Daily Schedules
Our school hours are 8:15 - 3 PM. As of the school board meeting vote on 3/22/21 we are transitioning to Plan A from Plan B, but the daily schedule will remain the same.
School Supplies for In-Person Students
Along with your pens, pencils, and paper, there are school supplies that we need you to bring for in-person learning days. There may be other items your team teachers ask you to bring but these items are for all in-person students.
- Earbuds or headphones. They must plugin with a regular 3.5 mm jack.
- Wear a Cloth Face Covering
- inside school buildings and anywhere on school grounds, including outside; and while traveling on buses or other contract transportation vehicles.
- A face covering must be secured safely over the nose, mouth, and under the chin.
- North Carolina requires a face covering of your choice for all employees, adult visitors, and K-12 students at all times, even when 6 feet or farther from other individuals.
- WCPSS Chromebook. If a WCPSS Chromebook was issued to you, you must bring it and the charger with you every day. You can also bring a personal laptop, or we have some school devices that can be used. All cleaning protocols will be followed for any school devices that are used. Because the core teachers will be switching classes and the students will remain in place, only one student will use the school-owned device the entire week and it will be appropriately cleaned.
- Water bottle. You will be able to refill your water bottle but NOT drink directly from the water fountains. If you do not have a water bottle, we will provide you with a cup.
- Tennis Shoes. Please wear tennis shoes for PE and clothes you can be active in. Locker rooms will not be available.
BYOD - Bring Your Own Device
As we prepare to transition students back to campus (including VA students at some point), we want to provide students and their parents/guardians the opportunity to agree to the WCPSS BYOD contract if you have not already done so. If you plan to bring a personal device to school, please review the BYOD contract. BYOD includes cell phones. BYOD does not include WCPSS issued Chromebooks, WCPSS Chromebooks are automatically allowed on campus.
- Read the BYOD Contract (Spanish)
- If you do not want to participate in BYOD (including cell phones) you do nothing.
- If you do want to participate in BYOD, send an email to Betty Crawford firstname.lastname@example.org stating that you have read the contract and agree to the statements on page 2 of the contract. NOTE: In this email, please state your student(s) full name
LRMS “Safety Snip-Its”
Watch our safety snip-its to know how we will stay safe and healthy at LRMS!
Plan In-Person Parent Meeting
There was an in-person parent meeting on Wednesday, October 28th at 6PM.