Return to Headlines

In Case of Rain...

Greetings Parkside Piper Families!  This email is for families of incoming Kindergarten, First Grade, and Fifth Grade students. 

Our events are this weekend!  However, the weather is looking iffy! :(  Please read carefully about our contingencies:

Saturday 6/8 from 2-3pm - Kindergarten and First Grade Popsicles on the Playground with the Principal: Alston Ridge Elementary center playground.  From WRAL: Cloudy skies and cooler with showers likely and perhaps a storm. If it is actively raining at 2:00, we will postpone to Saturday June 22nd, 2-3pm. There will not be an email cancellation - look at the skies and come on if there isn't water falling from it!

Sunday 6/9 6-8pm - 5th Grade BBQ: Morrisville Community Park Shelter.  From WRAL: Cloudy skies with showers and storms still likely. Highs in the mid 70s-lower 80s This day is looking much more iffy from the futurecast.  It is always a risk to cancel or not - however, since there is food involved, we will need to make a decision before 6pm Sunday.  There will be two decision points and updates via twitter (@es_parkside) AND the website ( 6pm Saturday evening - If WRAL has a greater than 60% chance of rain for Sunday, we will postpone evening if the next day the weather changes.  If not, I will look again and update at NOON Sunday - again, greater than 60% chance of rain Sunday evening, we will postpone.  If postponed: the rain date will be Saturday June 15th, 1-2pm.  5th grade families - if you plan to attend and have not completed the RSVP please do by close of business Friday (I am going shopping Saturday!).

Please let me know any questions or concerns you have along the way!

Hoping for clear weather,

Teresa Caswell, Principal