- Wake County Public School System
5/24/19 Parent Message
Band/Athletics Meeting!: Join Mr. Kuni, our Band Director and Mr. Weidenburner, our Athletic Director Monday, June 10 at 6:30pm in the Panther Creek High School Auditorium. Mr. Kuni and Mr. Weidenburner have teamed up at ARMS to provide parents and future students with information regarding both the Band and the Athletic Department. Mr. Kuni will begin the presentation at 6:30 and has allotted time for rising 6th grade students to join him in the band room for specific information and instrument fitting. Please review the flyers below regarding the Band & Athletic Information Session:
PTSA Updates: The PTSA Board has been excitedly preparing for our inaugural year! Please see some updates below that highlight upcoming events and information:
- The ARMS PTSA will host our first Spirit Night on June 5th at Brixx in Parkside Commons. Please view this flyer with more information on how this evening will help benefit the PTSA and our community: Brixx in Parkside Commons. Print out the flyer and just give to your server! Additionally, some ARMS staff members will be present at Brixx between 5-8pm to meet & mingle with our community. Be sure to come out, eat great pizza, and say hello to support our PTSA!
- The PTSA is requesting anyone interested in serving on the various committees to please complete the following form: ARMS PTSA Committees Interest Form. Communication will occur as committees are being built. PTSA is seeking parents volunteers for the following committees:
- Audit Committee (3 needed in August for first audit)
- Advocacy Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Spirit Wear
- Teacher Appreciation
- The PTSA is currently developing a plan for families to purchase School Supply Kits. Information will be available soon!
Staffing Update: Be sure to check-out our school Twitter feed (@AlstonRidgeMS) each day for announcements of our dynamic staff. Additionally, each Friday on Instagram (@alstonridgems) we are recapping the week with pictures of our new staff & their baseball cards. We are getting a lot of positive feedback by sharing staff baseball cards through social media to introduce staff members to the community so be sure to follow along!
Attendance Notification: If you are currently assigned to Alston Ridge Middle School for the 2019-20 school year and you know you won’t be attending (moving, transfer, home school, private school, etc) PLEASE communicate your intentions with us. It is important that we have accurate numbers to ensure enrollment and balanced tracks. Please contact the school by emailing the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for helping keep our numbers accurate!
Student Clubs!: As we continue to build Alston Ridge MS and how to provide students with experiences that meet their interests, student clubs will be a big way to accomplish this. We also believe in student voice and leadership when it comes to clubs. The ARMS staff is seeking input from students on clubs proposals. Please have your child review this link and follow the directions to propose a club for the 2019-20 school year: Alston Ridge MS Student Club Proposal. We are excited to hear from students and their leadership around clubs!