Return to Headlines
Spring 2021 Driver's Education Update
Spring 2021 -- Remote Classroom Sessions and Registration:
- Spring 2021 dates for remote classroom sessions should be posted at www.jordandriving.com in the next week or two if you have not previously submitted one. In short, we will have one class per month February-May with 35 students in each session.
- Please do not delay submitting a registration form, as I will begin placing students by mid-December once the dates have been posted. The registration form does not change, so you can submit it now. Remember, placement is based on age, not submission date.
- Students are placed in a class based on age, oldest to youngest.
- Payment is not due until the confirmation of a class placement is made.
- If you receive free/reduced lunch, please include this form with your registration:
- Any submitted registration forms have been printed, filed by birthday, and will be contacted when spring schedules are announced. If you need to confirm receipt, please email the student's name and full birthday and Jordan Driving School will check.
- Behind the wheel (BTW) will be a wait of 3-4 months due to people dealing with the consequences of the Covid-19 virus and lifestyle considerations. The driving instructors must be utilized throughout the county; there are fewer of them due to their own health concerns and increased responsibilities at home/school.
- Should you decide to drive privately, it will be self-funded and paperwork can be requested by your driving school from JDS per directions here: In-Out-Transfers
Drivers receive new rosters at the end of a month to schedule/drive the following month.
- Drivers are still being shared across the county.
- Each driver has been trained on safety protocols and has specific directions to follow that are not negotiable. This process will require patience.
- Once BTW concludes, the driver will issue a Certificate of Completion. Please review it carefully for correct spelling and all other information.
- Then, students need to request a Driver Eligibility Certificate (DEC) from the student services office.
DMV Eligibility Certificates:
Due to building closure, DMV certificates will be issued by prior arrangement with the school.
Applicable DMV Information