November 11, 2019
EWHS Weekly Message – Week of November 11, 2019
Parent PowerSchool & Canvas Workshop | The East Wake High Family & Community Engagement Center has partnered with the Wake County Family Academy to present PowerSchool & Canvas workshop on Thursday, November 14, at 6 p.m. in the media center. To RSVP, click on this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfix6DHx98W0Lb_LpjhJ-1O6VAt6QroxZoZ4DK_Aas0H9cS1g/viewform
East Wake Athletic (Warrior) Club Meeting | The East Wake Athletic (Warrior) Club will meet on Wednesday, November 13, at 6 p.m. in the media center.
No School - Monday, November 11 | There is no school on Monday, November 11.
Graduation Orders | Senior must place their graduation orders on Thursday, November 14, during all lunches in the cafeteria lobby. A down payment of $80 is required at the time of the order. If your order is less than $80, you must pay for all items in full. You can make checks payable to Herff Jones.
Report Cards | Report cards were distributed to students on Friday, November 8.
Honor Roll Celebration | All students that made the honor roll will be celebrated on November 21 at 6 p.m. in the auditorium. To make the honor roll, students can not a grade below 80 for their first quarter grade on their report card.
Live Streaming Athletic Events | Wake County Public Schools Athletics has officially installed live streaming cameras in all twenty-four high school stadiums and gymnasiums to help provide parents, relatives, and friends with access to hundreds of athletics events throughout the year. Now, friends and relatives who can't attend local sporting events can watch LIVE from any device. Your annual subscription includes access to the entire network, including all twenty-four Wake County high schools, JV and Varsity events, LIVE and On-Demand. To subscribe, please click on the link: https://www.wakecountyathletics.com/page/show/5332418-wcpss-athletics-live-streaming-subscriptions
Senior Ads |Submit senior ad and payment by Nov. 20th. You may bring to room 159 or go online at www.jostensadservice.comto pay with a credit card. All pictures should be turned in digitally (flash drive, REPLAYIT, email).
- We will have an ad design info night on November 6thfrom 5:30-7:30 pm in the media center.
- You may come this night with payment, pictures, and questions. You can set up an appointment with me this night as well or through email (email@example.com).
- We may or may not be able to begin designing this night based on attendance and availability.
- Full: $240 (10-12 pics) Half: $180 (5-6 pics) Quarter: $125 (3-4 pics) Eighth: $50 (1-2 pics)
- AD SPACE is limited. Last year's ad space was full before the final deadline. Order early to ensure your senior will have an ad!
Yearbooks |Yearbooks are on sale now!! Order early for the best pricing.
- Online at jostensyearbooks.com or by cash, check, or money order in Room 159. $65 (plus tax) = $70 if you pay by check or cash to Ms. Anderson or go online to pay by credit card. Personalization costs are extra.
- The price will increase throughout the year.
REPLAYIT App | Download this app to upload any photos you take throughout the school year. These photos might be used in the yearbook! You can upload photos for your senior ads and baby pics.
Bell Schedule | The school will operate the following bell schedule on Friday, November 15 – D Week (Thursday Schedule), Friday, November 22 – A Week (Monday Schedule), Friday, December 6 – B Week (Tuesday Schedule), Friday, December 13 – C Week (Wednesday Schedule), Friday, December 20 – D Week (Thursday Schedule).
Athletics | Please come out and support our athletic teams. Additional details about these events can be found on our school calendar.
Saturday, November 9
- Girls’ Basketball Jamboree @ East Wake 7 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Boys’ Basketball Jamboree – Away
Monday, November 11
- Basketball Jamboree @ Rocky Mount