November 4, 2019
EWHS Weekly Message – Week of November 4, 2019
Band Boosters Meeting | The EWHS Band Boosters will meet on Tuesday, November 5 at 7 p.m. in the Band room.
Marching Blue Spirit Band Season | Our Marching Blue Spirit band has been second to none as they have taken the following honors at the last two band competitions.
Fuquay Varina Festival of Bands:
(There were 6 stellar bands in our class, 4 in class A, and 23 bands in total throughout the day)
1st place overall class AA
1st place Music
1st place Visual Performance
1st place General Effect
2nd place percussion; 3rd place Color Guard
Grand Champion of Class A & AA!
Corinth Holders High School Band Competition:
In Class AA:
1st place Music, General Effect, Color Guard, and Overall (out of 6)
2nd place Percussion
3rd place Visual Performance
Grand Champion of class A/AA!
No School - Monday, November 11 | There is no school on Monday, November 11.
Order Graduation Items | Senior must place their graduation orders on Thursday, November 14 during all lunches in the cafeteria lobby. A down payment of $80 is required at the time of the order. if your order is less than $80, you must pay for all items in full. You can make checks payable to Herff Jones.
Poinsettia Fundraiser | 6" pots in your choice of red, pink, or white can be ordered through varies club members or the PTSA at email@example.com for $8. Orders and payments are being taken from October 18 - November 8. Plants will be delivered to the school on November 21.
Men’s Basketball Tryouts | The men’s basketball tryouts are Monday, November 4 and Tuesday, November 5. Student-athletes that are still playing a sport will have a tryout that will occur later after the Fall athletic season is over. You must obtain a ticket to play from Coach Pridgen to tryout.
Indoor Track Tryouts | Women and men interested in trying out for indoor track should see Mr. Crudup for tryout information. Student-athletes that who are still playing a sport will have a tryout that will occur later after the Fall athletic season is over. You must obtain a ticket to play from Coach Pridgen to tryout.
PreAct | All 10th-grade students will be administered the PreAct on Wednesday, November 6.
Report Cards | Report cards will be distributed to students on Friday, November 8.
Prestige Senior Portraits and Baby Pictures | No senior portrait will be accepted for yearbook submission after Nov. 5th. Prestige submits all portraits directly to us—you need to get your portrait taken! To schedule a studio appointment, call 919-881-8361 or visit www.prestigeportraits.comfor more information.
- Prestige will be on campus Thursday, October 17, for tux/drape yearbook retake portraits. The sitting fee is $15. See Ms. Anderson with questions.
- Submit baby picture by Nov. 5thto room 159 (or upload to REPLAYIT). No picture will be accepted after this date. Write the first/last name on the back of the picture or flash drive. The picture will be returned. If you upload to REPLAYIT, make sure to tag with your first/last name.
- Cap/Gown portraits will be in February and will also have a $15 sitting fee as well as an extra fee for keychains ($10 for 2) if they have them available.
Senior Quotes (under your Senior Portrait) | Go to this link to submit your senior quotetinyurl.com/ewhsquote by Nov. 5th. If you have trouble with the link, you may bring your quote to room 159. Please make sure to put your first/last name with your quote. No more than 140 characters, please. We have the discretion to change or not to print.
Senior Ads |Submit senior ad and payment by Nov. 20th. You may bring to room 159 or go online at www.jostensadservice.comto pay with a credit card. All pictures should be turned in digitally (flash drive, REPLAYIT, email).
- We will have an ad design info night on November 6thfrom 5:30-7:30 pm in the media center.
- You may come this night with payment, pictures, and questions. You can set up an appointment with me this night as well or through email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- We may or may not be able to begin designing this night based on attendance and availability.
- Full: $240 (10-12 pics) Half: $180 (5-6 pics) Quarter: $125 (3-4 pics) Eighth: $50 (1-2 pics)
- AD SPACE is limited. Last year ad space was full before the final deadline. Order early to ensure your senior will have an ad!
Yearbooks |Yearbooks are on sale now!! Order early for the best pricing.
- Online at jostensyearbooks.comor by cash, check, or money order in Room 159. $65 (plus tax)=$70 if you pay by check or cash to Ms. Anderson or go online to pay by credit card. Personalization costs are extra.
- The price will increase throughout the year.
REPLAYIT App | Download this app to upload any photos you take throughout the school year. These photos might be used in the yearbook! You can upload photos for your senior ads and baby pics.
Bell Schedule | The school will operate the following bell schedule on Friday, November 8 – C Week (Wednesday Schedule).
Athletics | Please come out and support our athletic teams. Additional details about these events can be found on our school calendar.
Thursday, November 7
- JV Football @ Smithfield Selma
Friday, November 8
- Varsity Football vs Smithfield Selma (Senior Night)