October 28, 2019
EWHS Weekly Message – Week of October 28, 2019
Race and Gender Equity Forum | On Wednesday, October 30, the school will hold a forum from 6 pm to 7:30 pm to discuss issues of race and gender equity.
Teacher Workday | All WCPSS operating on the traditional schedule will have a teacher workday on Friday, November 1.
Poinsettia Fundraiser | 6" pots in your choice of red, pink, or white can be ordered through varies club members or the PTSA at firstname.lastname@example.org for $8. Orders and payments are being taken from October 18 - November 8. Plants will be delivered to the school on November 21.
Women’s Basketball Tryouts | The women’s basketball tryouts are Wednesday, October 30, and Thursday, October 31, from 2:45 p.m. to 5 p.m. You must obtain a ticket to play from Coach Pridgen to tryout.
Men’s Basketball Tryouts | The men’s basketball tryouts are Monday, November 4 and Tuesday, November 5. Student-athletes that are still playing a sport will have a tryout that will occur later after the Fall athletic season is over. You must obtain a ticket to play from Coach Pridgen to tryout.
Wrestling Tryouts | Women and men interested in trying out for wrestling should meet in the mat room starting Wednesday, October 30, at 2:30 p.m. daily. Student-athletes that who are still playing a sport will have a tryout that will occur later after the Fall athletic season is over. You must obtain a ticket to play from Coach Pridgen to tryout.
Indoor Track Tryouts | Women and men interested in trying out for indoor track should see Mr. Crudup for tryout information. Student-athletes that who are still playing a sport will have a tryout that will occur later after the Fall athletic season is over. You must obtain a ticket to play from Coach Pridgen to tryout.
End of the First Quarter | The end of the first quarter will be Wednesday, October 30.
Fall Individual Picture Make-ups | The individual picture make-ups will be Tuesday, October 29.
The schedule is as follows:
- Any junior who needs to have make-up or retake should come between 7:45 and 8:15
- Any sophomore who needs to have make-up or retake should come between 8:15 and 8:45
- Any freshman who needs to have make-up or retake should come between 8:45 and 9:15
Herff Jones Senior Meeting | Seniors will meet with Herff Jones to get information about graduation announcements, cap and gown, and other graduation needs on Wednesday, October 30, from 9 – 9:45 in the auditorium. Parents should ask their Senior for this information packet as it will have dates that parents can come to the school in the evening to place orders. Seniors will also have an opportunity to order during the school day.
National Honor Society Inductions | The National Honor Society inductions will take place on Tuesday, October 29, at 7 p.m. in the auditorium.
Cary Band Day | The East Wake High Blue Spirit Marching Band will be performing on Saturday, November 2, at Cary High School.
PreAct | All 10th-grade students will be administered the PreAct on Wednesday, November 6.
Report Cards | Report cards will be distributed to students on Friday, November 8.
North Carolina Teaching Fellows Applications Now Open | Are you interested in being a teacher? Here is a scholarship that could help. Application deadline: Midnight, January 13. Apply at www.ncteachingfellows.com
- Receive up to $4,125 per semester for up to eight semesters.
- Study at a premier educator preparation program in North Carolina.
- Benefit from meaningful program activities to enrich your studies.
- Teach in a Special Education or STEM field in a North Carolina public school.
Prestige Senior Portraits and Baby Pictures | No senior portrait will be accepted for yearbook submission after Nov. 5th. Prestige submits all portraits directly to us—you need to get your portrait taken! To schedule a studio appointment, call 919-881-8361 or visit www.prestigeportraits.comfor more information.
- Prestige will be on campus Thursday, October 17, for tux/drape yearbook retake portraits. The sitting fee is $15. See Ms. Anderson with questions.
- Submit baby picture by Nov. 5thto room 159 (or upload to REPLAYIT). No picture will be accepted after this date. Write the first/last name on the back of the picture or flash drive. The picture will be returned. If you upload to REPLAYIT, make sure to tag with your first/last name.
- Cap/Gown portraits will be in February and will also have a $15 sitting fee as well as an extra fee for keychains ($10 for 2) if they have them available.
Senior Quotes (under your Senior Portrait) | Go to this link to submit your senior quotetinyurl.com/ewhsquote by Nov. 5th. If you have trouble with the link, you may bring your quote to room 159. Please make sure to put your first/last name with your quote. No more than 140 characters, please. We have the discretion to change or not to print.
Senior Ads |Submit senior ad and payment by Nov. 20th. You may bring to room 159 or go online at www.jostensadservice.comto pay with a credit card. All pictures should be turned in digitally (flash drive, REPLAYIT, email).
- We will have an ad design info night on November 6thfrom 5:30-7:30 pm in the media center.
- You may come this night with payment, pictures, and questions. You can set up an appointment with me this night as well or through email (email@example.com).
- We may or may not be able to begin designing this night based on attendance and availability.
- Full: $240 (10-12 pics) Half: $180 (5-6 pics) Quarter: $125 (3-4 pics) Eighth: $50 (1-2 pics)
- AD SPACE is limited. Last year ad space was full before the final deadline. Order early to ensure your senior will have an ad!
Yearbooks |Yearbooks are on sale now!! Order early for the best pricing.
- Online at jostensyearbooks.comor by cash, check, or money order in Room 159. $65 (plus tax)=$70 if you pay by check or cash to Ms. Anderson or go online to pay by credit card. Personalization costs are extra.
- The price will increase throughout the year.
REPLAYIT App | Download this app to upload any photos you take throughout the school year. These photos might be used in the yearbook! You can upload photos for your senior ads and baby pics.
Hurricane Dorian Make-up Days - Updated | WCPSS has designated October 31 and December 20 as make-up days. These days will be regular school days for students.
Bell Schedule | The school will operate the following bell schedule on Friday, November 8 – C Week (Wednesday Schedule).
Morning Carpool | All carpool students should enter the North entrance driveway. At no time should students be dropped off on Rolesville Road or in the Student/Staff parking lot. The Student/Staff parking lot is marked to enter only in the mornings.
Athletics | Please come out and support our athletic teams. Additional details about these events can be found on our school calendar.
Monday, October 28
- Men’s Soccer vs South Johnston
Wednesday, October 30
- Men’s Soccer @ Smithfield Selma
Thursday, October 31
- JV Football vs South Johnston
Friday, November 1
- Varsity Football @ South Johnston