Southeast Raleigh YMCA June News
All activities listed are free and open to anyone within the community.
Health and Wellness
· Saturday, June 11 (10am – 11:30am)- Men’s Health event for Men’s Health Month
o Join us for a men's only movement and lecture class addressing healthy living decisions and preventative care. Refreshments will be provided.
o Register here or on the Y App
· Friday, June 17 (3pm – 7pm)- Blood Drive event through Rotary Club of Southeast Raleigh
o Receive $20 Amazon gift card for participating
· Saturday, June 25 (8am – 2pm)- Health Care Heroes: Walk and Roll event through Advance Community Health
· Thursday, June 9th from 9:00 – 12:00 pm - The HealthLit4Wake Initiative, in partnership with Raleigh Organizing Against Racism (ROAR), is sponsoring a free REI Groundwater Presentation. Register link: REI Groundwater Health Lit4Wake (VIRTUAL) - Raleigh, June 9, 2022 (Thurs). Intended audience – Community members living and organizations working in the 35 census tracts experiencing disparities related to COVID-19
· Thursday, June 9 ( 6pm – 8pm) Communal Capacity Building Kickoff event “Pressing Through Internalized Racial Oppression and Hypocrisy in the Culture of Organizations”
· Saturday, June 11 (9am – 12pm)- Swim 1922 event
o SWIM 1922, in partnership with USA Swimming, is one of SGRho’s national programs and is targeted at reducing the drowning rates of African American and Hispanic children.
· Saturday, June 18 (10am – 2pm)- Juneteenth Community Celebration
· Sunday, June 26 (1pm – 4pm)- Black Farmers’ Market event