School Message 9-6-21
Good afternoon SERES Families,
I hope you are having a nice Labor Day weekend!
Please see some SERES news below.
Face to Face & Virtual Academy Families:
- Tomorrow, Tuesday, 9-7-21, is a Teacher Workday and students will not attend school. Students will return on Wednesday, 9-8-21.
- Please make sure you have signed up for Talking Points which is the primary way your teachers will share announcements. However, teachers will also call for a more personal and positive relationship.
- We don’t just want your input, we also want you AT THE TABLE! We are seeking parents/guardians to be a part of our school-based committees including, Instructional, Family Engagement/Cultural Responsive, Core Behavior/Cultural, & Climate committees If interested in any of these committees, please let me know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, I welcome your questions, feedback, thoughts and/or suggestions about any school-based community topic.
Virtual Academy Families ONLY:
- Parents/Guardians: Please make sure that your children log in every day and participate in their lessons.. Students should have their cameras on, sitting up and attentive to the lesson.
- VA Open Houses will be scheduled soon. Be on the lookout for dates and times.
Face to Face Families ONLY:
- When your children return on Wednesday, please make sure they have a mask that fits their face.
- Please let your child’s teacher or principal know asap, if he/she tests positive for Covid.
- If your child is experiencing any of the below DHHS-identified COVID-19 symptoms, they should not be sent to school.
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Breakfast and lunch are free for all students this year.
- All families will need a carpool tag in order to pick up students in the carpool lane..
- Every student should have a primary mode of transportation. If that transportation needs to change, then a note should be sent to the child’s teacher. The office should be called for an emergency transportation change.only on the day of the change. Ie. A student is designated as a walker and will be sent to the walker exit for dismissal. However, if the child needs to carpool,, then a note should be written to the teacher with the change. Otherwise, the child will be sent as a walker.
- The tardy bell rings at 8:30 AM. Students must be signed in by a parent/guardian when tardy. Students should not just be dropped off to come into the building by themselves. All adults and children must have masks when entering the building. .
- Because it interferes with our school dismissal procedures, students will not be released after 2:30.Also, please note that picking up students regularly before 2:30, impacts their education.
- If you have a last minute emergency change in transportation, please call the front office at 919-694-8444.
- Thanks for your patience with our carpool procedures. It is flowing much better. After 3:30, students will be taken to the office and parents must park and come in to sign students out.
- All parents/guardians must have their ID in order to check out any students.
- If your child has tested positive for Covid or has been exposed, please see the WCPSS website page that indicates when he/she may return. https://www.wcpss.net/WhenToReturn
- SERES is committed to ensuring the safety of our students and staff. We are constantly revamping our procedures based on updated guidance by the district.
- Currently, there is not a mandate for elementary students or staff to wear masks outside the school building. Therefore, you may see some staff and students unmasked; however, upon their entry into the building, masks must be worn.
- SAVE the DATE(S): Grade Level OPEN HOUSES will occur virtually in the next 3 weeks. Be on the lookout for your children’s Open House dates and times.