Weekly Update 2-22-21
Dear AFHS Parents:
This is Matt Wight with the latest news and updates from AFHS and WCPSS.
It was great having students back in the building, if even for a short time. We look forward to welcoming the students on Cohort 3(C) next week. Thanks for your support as we continue to navigate these new waters.
High School in-person learning will continue the 3 week rotation, February 22nd with cohort 3/C. Learn More. VA students will remain virtual for the rest of this school year.
Second Semester Traditional WCPSS Calendar UPDATED 2-16-21
This calendar includes the WCPSS 1/A, 2/B, 3/C rotation schedule.
Here's what you need to do to prepare for your child's return to campus:
- Read the Return to Campus Guide for families.
- AFHS Back to School Guide LINK
- Read Student Accountability and Required Health Protocols and sign the acknowledgement page. If you’ve already completed this form, you do not need to do it again. Email to email@example.com or turn it in your FIRST period teacher upon your return to school.
- Students who are sick or not feeling well should stay home. If a student begins to not feel well or shows signs of illness during the day, a parent or guardian will be expected to promptly pick them up from school.
- Riding the bus? Complete the required attestation form, if you haven’t already, and learn the procedures to protect everyone’s health and safety.
- Learn about expectations for face coverings. A face covering must be secured safely over the nose, mouth, and under your chin.
- Learn about changes to meal service. Consider taking advantage of the free breakfast and lunch service.
- Learn about technology in schools. Students with a WCPSS device should plan to bring them to school. Those bringing a personal device will need a signed BYOD Consent Form. Email form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be familiar with what happens when there is a COVID-19 case on campus.
- If your schedule allows you to serve your child’s school as a substitute teacher, please consider applying today.
Medication Drop Off is by Appointment Only
If a student has medication that is kept at school or will self-carry, please have your pediatrician complete the 1702 and contact Cmaxwell2@wcpss.net to set up an appointment for the parent drop off. WCPSS Medication Guidelines and 1702 form.
ACT for ALL Juniors
The ACT is required for all Juniors who are in Plan B and VA. The test will be given on February 23rd, that will be an asynchronous day for ALL OTHER grade levels. DETAILS.
February 24th Career and Technical Education Virtual Event
In WCPSS, Career and Technical Education will be celebrating CTE Month in February by hosting a VIRTUAL event: Career Connections 2021 on February 24 for grades 8-12. The event will kick-off at 9:00 am with 58 career-readiness sessions. Following that, a Career Industry Fair will be held for students to have the opportunity to meet with industry professionals representing the 16 Career Clusters. Information can be found here. Pre-registration is required, click here to register. ?’s contact: Tguinn@wcpss.net
Virtual College Visits
An opportunity for AFHS students to meet with College Admissions. Schedule
February 22- In-person instruction for cohort 3/C begins
February 23-Asynchronous Day for 9th,10th,12th
February 23-All Juniors in the building for the ACT
February 23-Senior Cap/Gown Portraits by appointment
February 24-WCPSS Remote Learning Day-Asynchronous classes for all grade levels
February 24-CTE Career Connections Event