M. Brunson's Principal Updates on July 14, 2019
What an incredible first week to kick off our 2019-2020 school year!
Welcome New Staff
It is my pleasure to introduce to you the amazing new additions to our Croc Family:
- Minda Griffith, Instructional Facilitator and Interventionist
- Kylee Nelson, 1st grade teacher, Track 2
- Hayley Wagner, 2nd grade teacher, Track 2
- Ally McCree, 3rd grade teacher, Track 1
- Natasha Jones, K Instructional Assistant, Track 3
- Sarah Augustyniewicz, Counselor, Track 3
- Brian Burton, Social Worker
Kindergarten Starts on Tuesday
Just a reminder that all of our kindergarteners will start on Tuesday, July 16, 2019. (No Kindergarteners on Monday.) We can't wait to build our kindergarten classroom communities!
Open House for Parents
Click here for Welcome and Invite to Open House Video Clip from Mrs. Brunson and Mr. Hudson. (Mrs. Walsh, assistant principal, is returning on Wednesday!)
We are looking forward to seeing all of our Track 1, 2, and 3 parents this week for Open House! (Track 1- Monday, Track 2 - Wednesday, Track 3 -Thursday, Track 4 - August 8th.
When you arrive you can go straight to your child's classroom. There will be two classrooms sessions to allow you to visit classrooms with multiple children.
- Session 1: 5:30-6:15 PM
- Session 2: 6:25-7:00 PM
Don't forget to register as a volunteer for this school year at Open House! This must be done every year.
You Choose How You Want to Receive School Messages This Year
Communication with you is so important! Sycamore has many different ways to send you notifications. But YOU get to choose how you want to receive notifications.
- We encourage you to check out our school website and your teacher's class page regularly.
- Connect to us on Twitter @SycamoreCreek and @MCBrunson. You can also see our Twitter posts and daily departure times on the school webpage even if you are not on Twitter.
- We also use the WCPSS School Messenger notification service to send important information to families through email, text messages, and phone calls, based on parents' preferences.
- Text messages are sent to people who opt-in. You can opt-in by texting YES to the shortcode 67587. To opt out of all text messages from School Messenger visit https://www.schoolmessenger.com/tm or reply with STOP to the opt-in message that you receive.
- You can choose which phone numbers receive phone calls or text messages. If you would like to customize the type of communications you's like to receive on your phone or email visit https://go.schoolmessenger.com/#/home
and create an account. You can also download the School Messenger app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
Backpack Buddies for July
One way you can support our students is by donating food through the Backpack Buddy program. Please use this link for BP buddies:
First Fundraiser of the Year
Get ready for our first big fundraiser of the year that will earn money for Sycamore Creek! This will also help your family save tons of money while having fun dining out and creating memories in the Triangle! GoPlaySave has over $12,000 in local savings to amazing restaurants and fun places in the area.
Beginning July 15th you can get a head start by going to www.goplaysavetriangle.com/store/SCES2020 to create your personal link by clicking the green start selling button and email or text it to friends, co-workers, and family to help raise money for our school! You will receive an email every time you have an online order. Mobile book purchases can be used right away and paper book orders will be sent home with your child to fill orders on your Open House.
See you soon!!