M. Brunson's Principal Updates on February 24, 2019
Readvolution Field Trip Tomorrow
We are all geared up and ready for our Field Trip tomorrow to the PNC Arena to see the Carolina Hurricanes! All staff met this week to review our supervision plan and logistics for the day. Please make sure your child dresses warmly as it is very cold inside the arena. Also all students should wear their class shirt or Sycamore Creek shirt. All of our Track 2 students who are attending should report directly to the gym. Track 2 students will be organized by grade level with 2 staff to supervise each group.
Students will eat their snack before we leave and lunch will be served as soon as we arrive back to school. We can't wait to share our experience with you! Be sure to check out updates on Twitter @SycamoreCreekES or @MCBrunson or on our Twitter feed on our school website.
Read Across America Week
Join us in celebrating Read Across America and Dr. Seuss's birthday this week. Mrs. Lyons has planned fun events for the week including an Estimating Truffula Seed contest, read alouds integrated throughout the curriculum, and a special theme each day:
- Monday - Readvolution Celebration Field Trip
- Tuesday - Wear your silly hats and share your favorite tongue twisters.
- Wednesday - Show off wacky hairdos and wacky socks.
- Thursday - Wear your favorite college gear in honor of Oh, The Places You'll Go.
- Friday - Dress like your favorite book character.
Results of Wake Up and Read Book Drive
Thank you so much to all of you who donated books! Our Student Council reported that Sycamore Creek collected 2,752 books!
- Encourage your child to come and check out the Lost and Found for lost coats and jackets. We have collected so many!
- If you have transportation changes please email your child's teacher in the morning or send a note with your child. If you need to call the office with transportation changes, please call before 2:00 pm to ensure there is time to get that information to your teacher.
- No check outs after 2:30 PM.
- If you are sending in birthday treats, please check with your child's teacher ahead of time so you can schedule the best time. In order to allow the teacher to manage supervision of food allergies, classroom treats are not distributed at lunch time . No homemade treats. No balloons.
- Students who have gone home with fever or stayed home with fever must be fever free without medication for 24 hours.
- For safety and security, students are not called to the office until the parent arrives and checks them out.
Mark Your Calendars for these Upcoming SCES Events:
Innovation Expo - March 9th
First in Fitness - March 13th
Jason’s Deli Family Night - March 21st5-8pm
Super Crocs Day:
- Tracks 1 and 3 - April 5th and rain date on April 12th
- Tracks 2 and 4 - April 26th and rain date on May 3rd
Have a wonderful week!
Love All. Serve All. Challenge All.