Principal's Message (Week of 7/27)
Mt. Vernon Families,
I hope everyone is doing well. As you know, WCPSS has decided to move to Plan B-Transition for the start of the school year. This means that all students that DID NOT sign up for Virtual Academy will start the school year with remote instruction. Once the district is confident that students and staff can return to work safely, we will begin the process to transition instruction back to on-campus activities. As always, If you have any questions, please contact me by phone (919-233-4313) or by email email@example.com.
- WCPSS School Plans: As we are getting closer to 8/17, families still have the opportunity to choose to attend Virtual Academy for the school year. Again, Virtual Academy guarantees that your child will be learning remotely for the Fall semester or the entire year, regardless of district decisions. Here is a link to the Virtual Academy Open House that was held on Thursday, July 16. More information can also be found on Wake County’s website at www.wcpss.net.
- If a Mt. Vernon family chooses to attend the Virtual Academy, the student will return to their base school and be assigned to their Virtual Academy program.
- The Window to enroll in Virtual Academy will open again from 7/27 until 7/29. If interested, please complete the application process in the links above.
- All other students will be assigned a schedule at Mt. Vernon. Once the process has been finalized, we will share this schedule with families.
- Technology Survey: WCPSS is asking all families to complete the technology survey by Wednesday, July 29. This information is vital to the success of remote learning. Please take a moment to complete the survey. Here is the link to the needed information and survey.
- Food sources: WCPSS and partner locations continue to provide breakfast and lunch to families that are in need. I strongly encourage our families to take advantage of these locations during this time. The locations can be found on WCPSS’ website. You are not required to show any identifications AND students are not required to be present to receive the meals. There is also information here on the new Pandemic Electronic Benefits Program (P-EBT). For families that qualify, the P-EBT program to help families buy food during the COVID-19 school closure.