8/23 Principal Message
Good afternoon Mt. Vernon Families,
The time has finally come. The Mt. Vernon family is excited to begin the 2019/20 school year on Monday, August 26th. The 2019/20 school year will be an exciting year where we will challenge your children academically, mentally and emotionally to reach their full potential. Below, please find some helpful information that we would like to share with our families. This information can also be found on our website (https://www.wcpss.net/mtvernonms)
- First Day: Traditional calendar schools begin the 2019/20 school year on Monday, August 26. The building hours for students are 8am-3:30pm. Please see the next bullet regarding transportation.
- Transportation: Your child’s transportation provider should have reached out to you to let you know your child’s cab number, pick-up time and arrival time in the afternoon. Please make sure your child is ready for arrival 15 minutes prior to the time given. If you have not heard from your child’s cab company, please contact D&D Transportation 919-322-0904 or STA Transportation 919-364-8094 with any questions. Email Mr. Hokenberg (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any additional questions.
- Class Schedules: Students will receive their schedules on the first day of school. Staff will direct the students on where they should go for advisory period.
- Dress Code: As you all know, MVMS has a uniform dress code. This dress code enables our scholars to focus on the important pieces of the school day. I have linked a copy of the dress code here and it can be found on the Mt. Vernon website as well.
- Supply Lists: Most of the supplies your children will need for the upcoming school year will be supplied by MVMS. If you have any questions, please contact the main office.
- Free and Reduced Lunch: As a reminder, all students at Mt. Vernon Middle School receive a free breakfast every morning. I have linked here the information from WCPSS on applying for Free/Reduced meals. Your status from the 2018/19 school year has rolled over to this school year BUT will expire on 10/8. If applicable, please complete the forms or online procedure as soon as possible.
We are so excited for the start of the school and for the great experiences ahead for our Mt. Vernon families. As always, please feel free to reach out to us with any questions.
We will see all of your students on Monday morning.
Have a great weekend.