6/10 Principal Message
Mt. Vernon Parents/Guardians,
It is hard to believe that the end of the year is upon us. It has been an absolute pleasure working with students and families of Mt. Vernon this year. Our students have grown both academically and socially to become more prepared for the 2019/20 school year. You, the families, have been played a critical part with this growth. Thank you. Below, please find the final messages/updates for the year.
- Our end of year celebration dates and times have been scheduled. We would love to see as many families here as possible to celebrate the 2018/19 school year and to celebrate the arrival of summer.
- 8th-grade and Boosters Celebration: Monday, June 10: 11:00 am
- 6th/7th-grade Celebration: Monday, June 10: 1:30 pm
- Students and families will be notified this week regarding their acceptance to Mt. Vernon for the 19/20 school year. Each year, we have many families that would like to return to Mt. Vernon. Unfortunately, we cannot accept all students that would like to return. During the Spring semester, all students were registered for classes back at their base school. If a student was not accepted back to Mt. Vernon, that is the school your child will be registered for.
- If your child has an outstanding library book or an ELA book, please return it to Mt. Vernon ASAP. Unfortunately, a fine may be attached to the student for any books that are not returned.
I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe summer.
Proud Principal, Mt. Vernon Middle School