5/15 Principal Message
5/15 Principal Message
Mt. Vernon Families, we are coming to a successful end to the 17/18 school year. Below, please find some important information and dates for events and activities as the school year comes to a close. As always, please reach out to us with any questions.
- WCPSS schools will be closed on Wednesday, May 16th for students. Students will return to school on Thursday, May 17th.
- Mt. Vernon will be holding our final Family and Community Engagement event for the 17/18 school year. We have been so fortunate to have such strong parental support throughout this school year. We will be holding the event during the afternoon of 5/24. This event will be an opportunity to thank our families, receive feedback on our program, and to discuss how to maintain the momentum gained throughout this school year. Chick-Fila will be provided and translation services will be available for our Spanish speaking families. Please RSVP to the event using the link HERE or by calling Ms. Ropero-Cartier @ 919-233-4313
- Mt. Vernon’s Field Day will be held on Friday, May18th. This is a wonderful opportunity for students and staff to celebrate the impending end to the 17/18 school year. Students that average a 94% or above on their SAIL Sheets for the week will be eligible to attend the event. Additional information on this event will be sent home on your students SAIL Sheet by Thursday, May 17th.
- On Thursday, May 17th, students that have demonstrated growth and/or purseverence on the I-Ready instructional platform will be invited to a pizza party to celebrate their hard work during this school year. This pizza party will take place during the student’s scheduled lunch. Students will also be eligible for casual dress on this day as well. We will be notifying student on Tuesday, May 15.
- Students will begin EOG and NCFE (NC Final Exams) on May 25th.
Schedule of upcoming events
Wednesday, May 16: School Closed for students
Friday, May 18: Field Day
Thursday, May 24: Family Engagement event 11-12:30pm
Friday, May 25: EOG/NCFE Testing begins
Monday, May 28: School Closed for Memorial Day
Friday, June 1: EOG/NCFE Testing ends
Wednesday, June 6: Booster/8th Grade Recognition Ceremony (More info to follow)
Thursday, June 7: 6th/7th Grade Awards Celebration (More info to follow)
Friday, June 8: LAST DAY OF SCHOOL