Graduation - June 13, 2022
Graduation is at 6 p.m. on June 13 and will be livestreamed.
Option 1 - Attend the formal ceremony.
Your graduation ceremony will be at Duke Energy Center of Performing Arts in Meymandi Hall.
A mandatory rehearsal will start at 4:45 pm in Meymandi Hall before the official ceremony.
- Each graduate will be allowed to invite 6 guests (max) to attend the ceremony.
- Graduates are asked to arrive at rehearsal dressed in their cap and gown.
- Guests will be allowed to enter the hall starting at 5:30 pm.
- SCORE Academy will provide each graduate with a borrowed cap and gown to wear for the ceremony.
- Graduates will pick up their cap and gown and tickets from the site they attended on JUNE 7th and 8th. Please make sure your Graduation Coach knows which day you will be picking up.
- Graduates can order their own cap and gown through an outside vendor; but can only be worn during the ceremony if it matches the SCORE Academy borrowed gown.
Meymandi Hall Protocols
- Admission to the ceremony is by ticket only.
- The following items are prohibited inside the facility: balloons, camera bags, book bags/backpacks, glass vases/containers of flowers, food or drinks, noise makers, wrapped packages of any kind, or any similar to those listed above. Flowers wrapped in tissue paper are allowed inside the building.
- PARKING: Downtown parking for ceremony/rehearsal will be $10. Family and Friends should park on the H parking deck or on street parking if available. Please share with friends and family who will be attending the ceremony.
- BAG POLICY: All bags are now subject to search and must meet new size requirements. A small clutch or wallet is recommended and no bags larger than 12" x 12" x 10" will be allowed. This includes backpacks, camera bags, and large purses. *For family shows diaper bags are allowed for guests with infants and toddlers (child must be present). In addition to our new bag policy, guests will now be required to enter through a security screening, which includes the use of a metal detector. Secondary hand-scanning has been eliminated.
- To minimize face-to-face contact, guests will be required to empty pockets and walk-through metal detectors in case of an unsatisfactory or incomplete scan. If a secondary bag screening is required, guests will be provided with a clean surface to empty the bag’s contents.
- Prohibited Items Include:
- Weapons of any kind (Knives, Pepper spray, Guns, etc…)
- Outside food and beverage
- Camera bags
- Large purses (over 12"x12"x10").
- Download the bag policy.
- Wheelchairs: Please let your graduation coach know if you will have a family member or friend attending the ceremony who needs handicap seating. This seating is for wheelchairs only. The hall does not provide wheelchairs.
- Language Assistance: Please let your graduation coach know if you need sign language or language interpreters assistance.
- A professional photographer will be on site to take photos during the ceremony only. Information will be provided to each graduate on how to order the professional photographs.
- Graduates will be given a 2022 tassel, diploma, official transcript and diploma cover to keep.
- Graduates will receive their diploma after the ceremony. The diploma will be given in exchange for returning your cap and gown. You will have time to take photos with family and friends outside of the hall. Grad coaches and counselors will be in the area to hand out diplomas and receive cap and gowns.
Option 2: Diploma/Transcript Pickup (not attending formal ceremony)
Graduates will pick up their diploma and transcripts from the site they attended while at SCORE (Garner Station, FLEX, or River Oaks site). Graduates may pick up their diploma and transcript after June 15. These items will not be ready for pick up before June 15. The graduate is opting not to participate in any formal ceremony.
Technology return to Garner, Flex, and River Oaks site
All graduates must return borrowed technology before diplomas and transcripts will be issued. Return your technology to the site where you will pick up your cap and gown, if attending formal ceremony or pick up your diploma and transcript if not attending formal graduation ceremony.