The Wise Wing 9/13/2019
Happy Friday! Our students are amazing! This week our K-3 students learned about our PBIS expectations and how to SOAR to success. Fourth and fifth-grade students dove into the standards. Our Middle School Hawks swooped in on engaging activities and projects, as they dug into their curriculum. One of my favorite things, The Positivity Project #ontheHil, started this week. Positivity Project helps students across the world develop character. This week students learned the #OtherPeopleMatter mindset. You can read more about Academic Standards, WCPSS Curriculum, and The Positivity Project on our website! Be sure you stay connected with us on all our venues.
- Carpool vs. Walkers: In order to walk home, your address must be listed as a Walkzone. This means you live within an approved walk area for our school. This is determined by WCPSS Transportation. Carpool families must stay inside their vehicle in the loop for safety. If your student needs additional time to buckle-in, please pull forward to the holding area outside the carpool loop. Kindergarten students are learning their routines, please be patient as they continue to develop independence with carpool.
- Turn-in your Locator Card to your child’s teacher. This helps us ensure we have the most accurate information when we need to reach you.
- Bus: Follow us on our Twitter for Bus Departure information or major bus delay updates. You can also follow along through Here Comes the Bus App. Click Here for More: Here Comes the Bus You can also follow Transportation News from WCPSS here: https://www.wcpss.net/Page/14462
- External observations (parent, counselor, private agency) are not allowed in order to protect the privacy rights of other students. While we welcome volunteers, lunch visits, field trip chaperones, and specific activity participation, we cannot accommodate classroom observation requests.
- 5th Grade Parents: Check folders for news and information on the WCPSS LEADERS program. Return the permission form portion to your homeroom teacher.
- Safety is always a priority #ontheHil. Our doors are locked at all times. Always ring the bell for assistance when visiting campus. Never encourage your child to open a door through text messaging.
- Students may carry cell phones; however, they are not allowed to use them in class without the clear instruction of the teacher.
- If you need to pick your student up early, remember to do so before 2:30 pm.
Interest for Students
- Green Team Club (4-8th Grade): Click Here
- Girls on the Run Club(3-5th Grade): Click Here or email Ms. Smith (email@example.com)
- Geography Bee (4-8th Grade): Mr. Clark
- Chess Club (5-8th Grade): Mr. Clark
- Running Club (6-8th Grade): Ms. Bowman
- Student Council (6-8th Grade): Mr. Cucurullo
*Middle School Hawks interested in a club above should speak to the club advisor for information*
Helpful information and links:
- 2019-2020 School Year Information Page: https://www.wcpss.net/Page/40087
- 2019-2020 Supply Lists: https://www.wcpss.net/domain/14069
- Hilburn Website Homepage: https://www.wcpss.net/Page/14080
- Hilburn Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/HilburnAcademy
- Hilburn PTA Website: https://www.hilburnacademypta.com
- WCPSS Website Homepage: https://www.wcpss.net/wcpss
- WCPSS Homework Resource Page: https://www.wcpss.net/domain/14205
- Latest Wise Wing Messages: https://www.wcpss.net/Page/30683
- Monday, September 16, 2019: ALL HAWKS walk to class independently!
- Monday, September 16, 2019: Beginning of Grade Testing for 3rd Grade Students
- Thursday, September 17, 2019: Back to School Picnic 5:30-7:30 pm, Pie-the-Staff, PTA Welcome Meeting (Click Here for Details)!
- Thursday, September 26, 2019: 5th Grade Parent Field Trip Meeting, 5:30-6:30pm.
- Friday, September 27, 2019: Purple Hawk Awards Breakfast (Select Student Participants)
- Monday, September 30, 2019: Teacher Workday (No School WCPSS Traditional Students)
- Friday, October 4, 2019: Fall Picture Day (Individual and Class)
Special congratulations to our Assistant Principal Ms. Catie Burnette! Ms. Burnette is a Finalist for 2019-2020 Wake County Public School’s Assistant Principal of the Year! We are so proud of her and love working with her here at Hilburn!
Enjoy your weekend! We look forward to seeing you next week!
From the Nest,