Principal's Post | May 30, 2022
Greetings, Jets! In preparation for the week ahead, please review the important information below:
This Week at BCES | May 30-June 3
- There is NO SCHOOL ON MONDAY for the Memorial Day Holiday.
- Track 1 has school Tuesday-Thursday. Thursday is the LAST DAY OF SCHOOL FOR TRACK 1.
- Tracks 3 & 4 have school Tuesday-Friday.
- Track 2 DOES NOT have school this week.
- In Positivity Project, Track 1 will have their Outro week. Track 3 will have a Wildcard week where each teacher will choose which trait to study. Track 4 will study Kindness. The P2 for Families website has information you can use to dive into deeper discussion about character with your child. The password is P2.
Memorial Day Holiday
This weekend is a 3-day weekend for students and staff in honor of Memorial Day on Monday, May 30. The office and building will be closed.
Apply For Free and Reduced-Price School Meals
All students currently receive free school meals supported by federal funding due to the pandemic. This funding ends June 30. To receive free or reduced-price meals for next school year, families must submit a meal benefits application.
All families must complete an application for the 2022-23 school year starting July 1 to receive benefits. If you think your child may be eligible, pick up an application from the office or apply online. Paper applications can also be requested by calling 919-588-3535 or 919-856-2920 or by emailing email@example.com.
<Repeating> Preparing for the 22-23 School Year
To help you prepare for the 22-23 school year at Brier Creek, we are posting information on this page on our website. I encourage you to refer to it for information pertaining to the start of the new school year in July.
<Repeating> Transportation Request Deadlines
If you are not currently registered for transportation but would like service next school year, you must request transportation by the deadline listed below for your student's school calendar to ensure service on the first day. Please only request service if you plan for your student to be a regular rider. Students who don’t ride consistently will be removed from bus rosters.
To register, go to www.wcpss.net/busrider and register no later than June 1.
Staff Appreciation: Thanks BCES families for sharing so many kind words via our Shout Out Cards about the amazing BCES staff.
Yearbook: BCES families have started receiving yearbooks now. If you would like to purchase a copy you may still do so by visiting Events on the PTA’s website.
I hope each of you has a wonderful week!