Principal's Post | May 23, 2022
Greetings, Jets! In preparation for the week ahead, please review the important information below:
This Week at BCES | May 23-27
- Tracks 1, 3, & 4 have school Monday-Friday.
- Track 1 EOGs are this week:
- MONDAY, 5/23 -> 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grades Reading
- TUESDAY, 5/24 -> 3rd Grade Math
- WEDNESDAY, 5/25 -> 4th & 5th Grades Math
- THURSDAY, 5/26 -> 5th Grade Science
- FRIDAY, 5/27 -> 3rd Grade Read to Achieve Test (select 3rd graders only)
- In Positivity Project, Tracks 1 & 4 will have a Wildcard week where each teacher will choose which trait to study. Track 3 will study Appreciation of Beauty and Excellence. Track 4 will study Purpose. The P2 for Families website has information you can use to dive into deeper discussion about character with your child. The password is P2.
Memorial Day Holiday
This coming weekend is a 3-day weekend for students and staff in honor of Memorial Day on Monday, May 30. The office and building will be closed.
EOG Testing This Week for Track 1
Track 1 3rd, 4th, & 5th grade students will take their End of Grade tests the week of May 23. Please check here to ensure you have the EOG dates for your child(ren) marked on your calendar.
Transportation Request Deadlines
If you are not currently registered for transportation but would like service next school year, you must request transportation by the deadline listed below for your student's school calendar to ensure service on the first day. Please only request service if you plan for your student to be a regular rider. Students who don’t ride consistently will be removed from bus rosters.
To register, go to www.wcpss.net/busrider and register no later than June 1.
Preparing for the 22-23 School Year
To help you prepare for the 22-23 school year at Brier Creek, we are posting information on this page on our website. I encourage you to refer to it for information pertaining to the start of the new school year in July.
Spring Festival: A big THANK YOU to everyone who braved the heat, and made it out for the Spring Festival!
Let's Go Jets! Has your child signed up for the Spring Readathon Fundraiser yet? Please sign up at pledgestar.com/briercreek/ and make sure to add your contacts. Currently we have 74 awesome participants, but will need more for us to reach our goal. The Readathon ends May 27th! This Readathon will help the PTA raise money to help pay for school supplies, picnic tables, water fountains, digital subscriptions, field trip scholarships, school spirit shirts, library books and special events!.The PTA needs YOU to help us start the upcoming school year right. Please sign up, add contacts, and have the kids READ!!
Staff Appreciation: Please continue to send in Shout Out Cards through the month of May to share how much BCES staff means to your family. Cards can be dropped in purple boxes at the entryways to the school, or in the PTA box in the front office.
Yearbook: If you would like to purchase this or past years’ BCES Yearbooks, you may still do so by visiting Events on the PTA’s website.
I hope each of you has a wonderful week!