Principal's Post | May 2, 2022
Greetings, Jets! In preparation for the week ahead, please review the important information below:
This Week at BCES | May 2-6
- Monday, May 2, is a whole-school Teacher Workday. There is no school for students.
- Tracks 1, 2, & 4 have school Tuesday-Friday.
- In Positivity Project, Track 1 will study the character strength of Purpose this week. Track 2 will study Teamwork and Track 4 will study Fairness. The P2 for Families website has information you can use to dive into deeper discussion about character with your child. The password is P2.
Your Feedback is Needed!
Wake County Public Schools is administering a District Wide Family Survey now through Friday, May 6. This survey provides families the opportunity to provide valuable information and a high-quality data source for planning and School Improvement.
The survey has been translated into various languages; Spanish, Arabic, French, Korean, Vietnamese, and Chinese in an effort to provide accessibility to families in Wake County Public Schools. The survey administration language can be chosen by families before taking the survey.
Click here to take the survey. Thank you!
Spring Readathon Fundraiser: Readers are Leaders! The Spring Readathon Fundraiser has officially started. Register at https://pledgestar.com/briercreek today. With this Readathon, BCES families can easily request support from family and friends while encouraging their kids to read. Help the PTA raise money for projects and programs for the school. Students who participate by adding their contacts and reading 25 books during this event will get prizes and earn much needed funds. The school goal is $20,000 and if we reach that, the PTA will host a Kona Ice Party for the students. We can do this, Jets!
Yearbook: Many thanks to all who purchased a BCES Yearbook and completed their custom pages. The yearbook goes to print this week and you should receive your copy soon. You may still buy a copy of the BCES Yearbook by visiting Events on the PTA’s website. If you have questions, please contact the Yearbook Chair, Andrea Bertole (email@example.com).
May’s “Letting Our Lights Shine” Staff Appreciation Weeks: Tracks 1, 2, 4, & VA It’s here!! Staff Appreciation Week begins Monday!! The PTA will launch the week with Grab and Go bags for all staff for their Teacher Work Day on Monday, May 2nd. Tracks 1,2,4 and VA, please join us in celebrating our fantastic BCES crew (Track 3, we will send a reminder of activities next week when you return). Please feel free to show your appreciation to the staff of BCES in whichever ways work well for your family. We invite you to join a collective thanks in 2 ways:
- May 4 – Highlight their favorites - wear your teacher's favorite color or draw a picture of one of their favorite things - be sure to check out the Staff Favorites for inspiration.
- May 2-13th – Spotlight on BCES staff - fill out a Shout Out Card to tell staff how much you appreciate them - cards will be placed on the PTA's message board near the front office. Please use your cards sent home in Friday folders or print one from the PTA's website. Kids can drop cards off in "Shout Out Card" baskets set out at the school or in the PTA mailbox in the front office.
Full Staff Appreciation plans can be found on the PTA's website and will include additional celebrations on May 9th and 10th with a PTA sponsored lunch and ice cream treat for staff.
I hope each of you has a wonderful week!