Principal's Post | May 17, 2021
Please take a moment to read the important information below:
Learning This Week (Click Here for School Calendars)
- Wednesday is a school-wide asynchronous learning day. Teachers will post lessons and assignments in their Google Classrooms.
- In-Person Specials Schedule: Monday is DAY SIX through DAY FOUR on Friday
- P2 This Week: Other People Matter Mindset: Cheering Others’ Success (You are happy for others and cheer them on when they find success.)
We are working hard to process track change requests and make initial assignments for families who have joined us since March of 2020. Please remember the following:
- If your family was enrolled at Brier Creek prior to March of 2020, your children will automatically be placed on the track to which they were assigned when we moved to virtual learning last year (with the exception of VA);
- If your current kindergartener was registered prior to May of 2020, and you received a track assignment, he/she will automatically be placed on the track to which they were assigned at that time;
- If you have registered your child for VA for the 21-22 school year, that program will operate on the Track 4 calendar for the school year, however, your child is not assigned to Track 4, or any other track. Your child will not be placed or retained on a track, instead, will be placed on a track based on availability when he/she returns to in-person learning.
Virtual Academy Opt-Out
If you registered for Virtual Academy for the 21-22 school year, you should have received a confirmation email from me on Friday afternoon. If you registered, but did not receive an email, or, if you wish to remove your child from VA, please contact me ASAP. Remember, you have until Wednesday to remove your child from VA. Changes will not be permitted beyond Wednesday.
20-21 Materials and Technology
In-person students should return all school-owned learning materials and hotspots by Friday, June 18. Virtual Academy students should return their materials and hotspots to school on June 22nd between 8:00am-11:00am OR between 1:00pm-5:00pm. Students who are returning to Brier Creek or any other WCPSS school next year should keep their school-issued Chromebook. If your child will be leaving the district, please return their Chromebook. Materials include library books, EL texts, classroom books, math manipulatives, and more. To see exactly what needs to be returned at each grade-level, click here.
EOG Dates (Repeating from Last Week)
Please see the following flyer that has the End of Grade (EOG) test dates for this school year. If your child is in grades 3-5 they will take the EOG dates listed. Please note if your child is virtual or in person they may have different dates, please read carefully and feel free to reach out for clarification. Contact your child’s teacher or Melissa Gough (email@example.com) with any questions.
Nominations: Would you like to serve as part of the PTA’s Board and help support students and teachers in achieving goals through various PTA activities? If you are interested, the Nominations process for the 2021-22 school year is wrapping up. Click here to learn more about these positions and contact your Nominating Committee Chair, Ashleigh Hales (firstname.lastname@example.org) if interested.
Invest: Did you ever hear the tale of Stone Soup? People in a village each added a small ingredient to a pot of heated water and together produced a delicious and nourishing pot of soup. The PTA is our community’s soup pot. Can you put something in? Click here and donate today.
PTA Social Directory - last week to sign up: The PTA is wrapping up the social directory that families can choose to join and share their contact information. This is the last week to sign up if you wish to participate. Visit the PTA website to complete the form.
Yearbook: Many thanks to all who purchased a BCES Yearbook and completed the custom pages. The yearbook goes to print this week and you should receive your copy soon. You may still buy a copy of the BCES Yearbook - this year’s and last - by visiting events on the PTA’s website.
Find more PTA info on our website; Please follow the PTA on Facebook (Brier Creek Elementary PTA) and Twitter (@bces_PTA)
Have a wonderful week!
Kathy Livengood, Principal