April 19, 2021
Please take a moment to read the important information below:
Learning This Week (Click Here for School Calendars)
- Wednesday is an asynchronous learning day for all students, both virtual and in-person.
- In-Person Specials Schedule: Monday is DAY FOUR through DAY TWO on Friday
- P2 This Week: Connection and Purpose
Do you want carpool to move faster? Please take note of the following actions that can make that happen!
- In the morning - Students should be ready to exit the vehicle as soon as they reach the sidewalk. Mask on, shoes on, bookbag in hand, good-byes said. If you need a minute for your child to get ready, please pull to the side in the parking lot before pulling up to the school. When students are ready to get out of their cars, we can clear 5 cars about every 35 seconds. When they have to gather their things, find their mask, ask questions to mom, etc, it can take over a minute to clear 5 cars. For 150 cars a morning, that’s a difference of 17 minutes vs. 30 minutes.
- In the afternoon - Have your hangtag visible in the front windshield. If you are picking up without a hangtag, please have your picture ID ready. Make sure your child knows his/her carpool number - what it sounds like, what it looks like, and how to say it. If you need to help your child get settled or buckled once they get in the car, please pull forward
- In general - Stay off your cell phone. Follow the directions of staff. Pull all the way forward at the sidewalk.
Picture Order Reminder
This is a reminder to BCES families that it’s not too late to order pictures. Order today and GET 10% OFF when you spend $10+ on mylifetouch.com Use Promo code: SCHOOL10 This offer lasts until May 1st, 2021. Access credentials are with the proofs that were sent home.
Spring PAC Night!
Are you ready for a night of fun?! Join us April 27th from 5:30pm-7:00pm to learn more about what’s happening at BCES! There will be live and pre-recorded sessions for your convenience. Click below for all the details!
We will provide a virtual help desk for all of your technology needs! Can’t wait to see you there!
Important for VA Families: 2021 Virtual Academy EOG Information! <Action Needed>
This is ONLY for VIRTUAL ACADEMY families. If your child is in person you do not need to do anything. Please read the letter linked below. It provides important information about EOG's for your Virtual Academy 3rd-5th grader(s) and requires you to complete a required survey for each child. The survey is in English and Spanish. Thank you for taking the time to read and complete this by April 28tht.
Melissa M Gough, Brier Creek Elementary Testing Coordinator
Interactive Cafeteria Menus
Wake County Schools sent you a notice earlier this week about its new interactive school menus for meals. You can find those here.
Yearbook: Thank you to all who have sent us portrait and community photos for inclusion in the yearbook!! If you missed the April 16th deadline but would still like to submit a portrait photo for class pages, please contact the yearbook co-chairs to inquire further (Shelita Alston at email@example.com or Andrea Bertole at firstname.lastname@example.org). You can still order Yearbooks by clicking here. Remember to build your free custom pages that appear in just your book!! You can choose your own backgrounds, arrange your personal photo memories, and send and receive electronic signatures for use on these pages.
Invest: Past fundraising has allowed the PTA to support BCES staff and students by buying library books, touchless water fountains, software for Virtual Academy, and Staff Appreciation treats. If you are able, help the PTA continue such support by clicking here and donating to the Invest Campaign.
Nominations: The 2021-22 PTA Nominations process continues. Your help is needed and valued. Please click here to learn more and contact your Nominating Committee Chair, Ashleigh Hales (email@example.com) with questions.
PTA Social Directory: The PTA is starting a social directory that families can choose to join and share their contact information. If you wish to participate, visit briercreek.memberhub.store/appreciationandconnection.
Find more PTA info on our website; Please follow the PTA on Facebook (Brier Creek Elementary PTA) and Twitter (@bces_PTA)
Have a wonderful week!
Kathy Livengood, Principal