Principal's Post | March 8, 2021
Greetings Parents! Below are some important announcements for you:
Learning This Week
- There is no asynchronous day scheduled this week. We will have synchronous and in-person learning all 5 days.
- Students in Virtual Academy will have synchronous learning Monday - Friday.
- Students in K-3, Pre-K, & EBS program have in-person learning Monday - Friday.
- Students in 4th & 5th grade on Cohort 2 have in-person learning Monday - Friday.
- Students in 4th & 5th grade on Cohorts 1 & 3 have live remote learning Monday - Friday.
- Specials this week begins with Day ONE on Monday through Day FIVE on Friday. (6-day rotation)
Mark Your Calendars for Picture Day!
Lifetouch will be on-campus for student pictures later this month. You can order pictures online at mylifetouch.com. Flyers will also be sent home with in-person students. The schedule will be as follows:
- In-Person PreK, Kindergarten, & 2nd Grade - March 16
- 4th and 5th Grade, Cohorts 1 & 2 - March 17 (Asynchronous Day)
- Virtual Academy - March 17 (Asynchronous Day)
- 1st grade, 3rd grade, and 4th & 5th Grade, Cohort 3 - March 18
- Make-up day - March 24
Appointments are required on the Asynchronous Day, March 17. Please sign up for an appointment time here. Parents - you will use the bus loop to bring your child to the cottage (mobile unit) for pictures.
Working Hours for Teachers and Responding to Parents
Teachers’ working hours are 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. While many of our dedicated staff schedule appointments and respond to parents & students at times outside of their working hours, doing so is going above and beyond in service to our students, families, and community and is neither expected nor required. Teachers are asked to respond to parent messages by the end of the 2nd working day after a message is received. Please be mindful that teachers are not expected to check their emails over track out, on the weekends, or in the evenings. Also, remember that staff members are interacting with students and fulfilling other responsibilities throughout the day. While we check our emails at points throughout the day, we do not necessarily receive messages immediately, and, often, aren’t able to respond right away. If you have an emergency, please call the main line (919-484-4747). Our office hours are 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, Monday-Friday.
News and Updates from the BCES PTA
Yearbook: Work continues on the 2020-21 BCES Yearbook ($11.75+shipping). Whether or not you purchase, please send a portrait photo of your BCES student(s) to be included on class pages by clicking here. General school memories are still welcome for consideration by the PTA Yearbook committee. Please click here to submit. For additional Yearbook details and order links, click here.
Invest Campaign: Invest is an important fundraiser for the BCE PTA. Funds will go to support students, teachers, and the work of the PTA. Please click here to DONATE TODAY!
Nominations: The PTA is starting the Nominations process for the 2021-22 school year. Would you like to serve as an officer or lead a committee? Click here to learn more about these positions. Questions? Please contact your Nominating Committee Chair, Ashleigh Hales (email@example.com).
Find more PTA info on our website; Please follow the PTA on Facebook (Brier Creek Elementary PTA) and Twitter (@bces_PTA)
Positivity Project (P2) This Week: Social Intelligence
This week, we'll begin learning about Social Intelligence. Social Intelligence refers to a person’s ability to understand and manage interpersonal relationships. For a 1-page character card overview, click here. And, for P2 for Families (password: P2), click here.
I hope each of you has a wonderful week!