Principal's Post | February 22, 2021
Greetings Parents! Below are some important announcements for you:
Learning This Week
- ALL STUDENTS will have an Asynchronous Remote Learning Day on Wednesday.
- Students in Virtual Academy will have synchronous learning Mon, Tues, Thurs, & Friday.
- Students in K-3, Pre-K, & EBS program have in-person learning Mon, Tues, Thurs, & Friday.
- Students in 4th & 5th grade on Cohort 3 have in-person learning Mon, Tues, Thurs, & Friday.
- Students in 4th & 5th grade on Cohorts 1 & 2 have live remote learning Mon, Tues, Thurs, & Friday.
- Specials this week begins with Day Three on Monday through Day One on Friday. (6-day rotation)
It’s Spirit Week!
In honor of our 100th day of school on Friday, February 26, we will have a Spirit Week that week! We hope kids will participate whether they are learning from home or learning in person. This flyer tells you more about what each day looks like. The days are:
- Monday: Stoplight Day - are you the oldest (red), middle (yellow), or youngest (green) in your family? Only child? Wear whichever you want!
- Tuesday: Grade-Level Day - wear your grade-level color
- Wednesday: Inside Out Day - wear everything inside out
- Thursday: School Colors Day - Show us that purple and green!
- Friday: 100th Day! Dress like you would have dressed 100 years ago, or like you think you will dress 100 years in the future!
Our 20-21 Yearbook - from the BCES PTA
Great News!! The PTA is happy to announce work has begun on the 2020-21 BCES Yearbook ($11.75 + shipping)!! Learn more and order a copy by visiting https://briercreek.memberhub.store/events. But wait!! We need your help to fill the pages!! Please send us a portrait photo of your BCES student(s) to be included on class pages by completing the Portrait Form here. We would also love your general photo memories from this unique school year. Please complete our Community Photo Form here to submit pictures for consideration by the PTA Yearbook committee.
Positivity Project This Week: Prudence
This week, we'll begin learning about PRUDENCE. Prudence is the ability to do the right thing, at the right time, for the right reason. Prudent people plan for their futures by making careful everyday choices.
Single Subject Acceleration (SSA)for Students in K-5
Single Subject Acceleration (SSA) is the practice of placing a student in a higher-grade level in one subject area. This type of acceleration is for the purpose of providing access to appropriately challenging learning opportunities in either math or English Language Arts. The test request window for Single Subject Acceleration (SSA) will be open from February 22nd-March 22nd. No test requests will be accepted after March 22nd. There will be 2 parent information sessions for more information on Friday February 26th and Friday March 5th from 8-8:30am. You can find the meet links on our school calendar. You can submit a test request for your using the following google form: SSA Test Request Form Any questions please contact Melissa Gough at email@example.com
I hope each of you has a wonderful week!