Return to Headlines

Principal's Post | February 8, 2021

 

Greetings Parents!

 

It’s been another exciting week of virtual learning here at Brier Creek Elementary! We are excited to begin welcoming back students in-person on February 15. More information on that, and more, is below:

 

Learning This Week

We will continue with all students in virtual learning this week. Specials this week begins with Day Five on Monday through Day Three on Friday. 

 

Returning to In-Person Learning

With the return to in-person school on February 15, there will be lots of information coming to you from the school and the District.  At Brier Creek, about 46% of our students will be learning in-person, while the other 54% remain in Virtual Academy. At K-3, in-person classes will vary in size from 14 up to 21 students.   I advise all families to re-read the WCPSS Return to Campus Guide online before returning and check our website for updated information regularly.  

For those who are returning to our campus for the first time, your teacher will contact you about a time for orientation. All new returnees will also need to be sure all required health attestation forms have been completed.  

The District plans to send you follow-up information about the return to in-person each day next week.  Principals were told you should expect the following messages:

  • Monday, Feb 8: Eating and Drinking Guidelines 
  • Tuesday, Feb 9: Updates to Programs and Services (i.e. Transportation, Child Nutrition, Food Delivery, etc.)
  • Wednesday, Feb 10: Screening and Health Information
  • Thursday, Feb 11: Checklist for Returning to Campus
  • Friday, Feb 12: Social-Emotional Information

 

Google Chrome Issues

Are you having issues with playing videos or other problems? Google Chrome often updates their software and suggests you update the browser often.  Linked here are some suggestions that could help support your technology.  If you continue to have issues you may want to contact the Wake County Public School Help Desk online or at 919-694-8100.



Positivity Project This Week: Love

This week, we'll begin learning about LOVE. This strength is shown through valuing close relationships with others and being close to people. Love is imperative for individual happiness and fulfillment in life. For a 1-page character card overview, click here. And, for P2 for Families (password: P2), click here.

 

Repeating: Planning for PAC Night (From Our Family-School Connections Committee)

Parents, We are so excited to prepare for our 20/21 Virtual Parents Are Connected night event! We truly value your input and feedback in order to make this successful and enjoyable for you, all of our wonderful BCES families! If you could please complete this very brief survey so that we can have as much information as possible to plan PAC night and to support engagement among our school community we would greatly appreciate it. Please use this link. Thank you! ~Family-School Connections Crew

 

I hope each of you has a wonderful week!

 

My Best,

Kathy Livengood