Parent Updates 8/12/2020
Good evening Jet Parents!
The countdown is on! Only 5 days left until we begin the 20-21 school year! We have been busy this week preparing to welcome your students virtually on Monday and can’t wait to see them! Here are a few mid-week items for you:
Action Needed: Important Information Regarding Device Distribution
Some devices will be ready to be picked up on Monday Aug. 17, but not all will be ready on that date. Parents who indicated they needed a device on the district device request survey will receive a notification via email when their device is ready to be picked up. If you have not yet been notified, there will not be a device ready for you at any distribution site. Parents will be notified three days before their pick-up date. More information on device pick-up can be found here.
If you did not submit a Technology Needs survey, whether you need a device or not, please complete this school-based survey.. If you indicate you need a device, Mr. Pinkney will submit your request to the district and you will be contacted by the district when your device is ready for pick-up. This survey is for all families who are not 100% sure that you filled out the technology needs survey that WCPSS sent out a few weeks ago. Every student has to have a response to the survey whether or not the student needs a device or a hotspot. If your family will be needing a device or hotspot WCPSS will contact you with the date, time, and location for you to pick up your student's device and/or hotspot. Thank you very much for participating in this survey.
Grade-Level Orientation and Meet the Teacher Events
Each grade-level will host their own Meet the Teacher & Orientation virtual event. The schedule and links to the Google Meets are below. You can join each Google Meet on a device using the link, or by phone, using the phone number and PIN.
- 1st Grade | Thursday, August 13, at 5:00 pm
- Meeting Link: meet.google.com/wjs-nejh-ruq
- Phone Number: (US)+1 321-529-7591 PIN: 483 598 526#
- 2nd Grade | Friday, August 14, at 4:30 pm
- Meeting Link: meet.google.com/ydz-zbtb-oxw
- Phone Number: (US)+1 575-616-2306 PIN: 383 323 288#
- 3rd Grade | Friday, August 14, at 2:00 pm
- Meeting Link: meet.google.com/yvp-pgxe-uvf
- Phone Number: (US)+1 401-903-3468 PIN: 298 934 088#
- 4th Grade | Thursday, August 13, at 11:00 am
- Meeting Link: meet.google.com/int-weov-tic
- Phone Number: (US)+1 216-512-1381 PIN: 920 056 126#
- 5th Grade | Thursday, August 13, at 6:30 pm
- Meeting Link: meet.google.com/xsj-uxnu-uum
- Phone Number: (US)+1 615-952-0815 PIN: 133 432 164#
We will begin distributing learning materials to families on Wednesday, August 19. Since we will be a curbside lunch pick-up site, we will not be able to distribute between the hours of 10:45 and 12:45. Though the schedule will be designated by grade-level, it will allow for younger siblings to pick-up their materials with their siblings so families don’t have to make multiple trips. Students will also be able to pickup any personal belongings they may have left at school last March. Look for the schedule in this weekend’s updates.
Now that teacher assignments have been released, your child’s teacher should be the first point of contact should you have questions. If he or she can’t answer them, they will find the right person for you.