BCES Updates 8/4/2020
I hope you are all well and looking forward to the start of our new school year! I have a few announcements for you today:
- Congratulations to President Jeannie Sollars and our other 20-21 PTA Officers who were placed yesterday evening. THANK YOU for your willingness to serve our school community this year! To see the list of the 12 dedicated individuals serving this year, please click here.
- Registration for the Raleigh Parks & Rec “REC” camps will open on Friday, August 7th. In these camps, campers will have the opportunity to participate in their virtual learning classrooms while supervised by Raleigh Parks & Rec staff in a day-camp environment. Families can register for these camps on a week-by-week basis, but enrollment is limited. Plan to visit their website later this week for more information.
- WCPSS has created this resource site to assist parents and students with technology during virtual learning.
- If you have not yet applied for school meal benefits, you may complete an application online at www.wcpss.net/meals. Students eligible for reduced-price meals will receive their breakfast and lunch at no cost for the 2020-2021 school year. School meals are, and will continue to, be available to families via curbside pickup. For more information please visit https://www.wcpss.net/food.
- The registration windows for the Virtual Academy are now closed. Any student not registered for VA will be placed into one of 3 rotating groups and begin school in the Plan B Transition plan. Parents of registered VA students should have received an email or phone call this afternoon confirming their enrollment in the Virtual Academy. Any parent who registered for VA, but DID NOT receive confirmation today should contact our Data Manager, Mark Flynn, right away at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- KinderJet Parents! Please join us later this week for Kindergarten Orientation. We will have two separate sessions, depending on if your child is in the Plan B Transition or Virtual Academy:
- Plan B Transition KinderJet Orientation - Thursday, August 6 @ 5:30 pm
- Join us on Google Meet using the code nun-hegu-voq or join by phone: 334-440-7555 PIN: 135 658 999#
- Virtual Academy KinderJet Orientation - Friday, August 7 @ 11:30 am
- Join us on Google Meet using the code xbk-cacq-uwo or join by phone: 707-518-0981 PIN: 396 088 046#
- Parents can expect information about teacher/class assignments by the end of next week. We will begin online instruction on August 17 at 9:15 am. Your child’s teacher will reach out to you with more information.
- If you indicated you need a device for your child on the recent Technology Survey, you can expect more information from the district regarding device pick-up beginning the week of August 17.
We will continue to keep you updated with information about the 20-21 school year as it becomes available. In the meantime, please continue to use our website for information and call the front office if you have questions not addressed there.