Principal's Post | June 8, 2020
Greetings Jets Parents!
Welcome to week 9 of remote learning, the final week for our Track 2, 3, & 4 Jets, who will complete the 2019-2020 school year on Thursday! Today’s Principal’s Post will be the last one for the 2019-2020 school year. Best wishes to all of our Jets as you SOAR into 20-21!
Retrieval of Personal Belongings From School This Week
With the sudden dismissal of school, many students left personal belongings at school they will want to retrieve. In the next couple of weeks, teachers and staff will pack each student’s belongings in a brown paper bag and clearly label it. For students who will be with us in the 20-21 school year, we will place those belongings in the next classroom for students to get when we return to school, including pictures or yearbooks delivered to school. For students not returning to Brier Creek, parents may pick-up belongings at the following times:
- Tuesday, June 9, 10:00-11:30 am
- Wednesday, June 10, 5:00-7:00 pm
If your child will not be back in a WCPSS school next year, please make sure you have completed this form so we know your plans to withdraw at the end of this school year.
If your child has medicine in the office, you may pick it up between 10:00 and 3:00 this Wednesday, June 10. Medicine that is not picked up by June 30 will be discarded.
Returning Borrowed Items to School
Items that you have that were borrowed from school, such as library books, classroom supplies, and instruments need to be returned no later than June 12. You may bring them when retrieving personal belongings from school on June 9 or June 10, or you may drop them off in the box outside the front door between the hours of 10 am and 3 pm, Tuesday-Thursday.
If you borrowed a Chromebook and/or hotspot for remote learning, these only need to be returned if your child is not returning to WCPSS for the 20-21 school year. Even if your child will be attending another WCPSS school, he/she may hold on to the Chromebook and/or hotspot for now.
Field Trip Refunds
Parents who paid for field trips that were cancelled due to the school closure this spring may request a refund or may choose to donate the money to support future field trips for Brier Creek Elementary students. Please complete this form regarding funds you have paid. Refund requests are due by June 15, 2020. The field trips that were cancelled and may be refunded are:
- Kindergarten (all tracks) - Life & Science Museum $13.00
- Kindergarten (T2/T4 only) - Marbles Museum $8.00
- 1st Grade (all tracks) - Brier Creek Commons $3.00
- 2nd Grade (all tracks) - Marbles Museum $12.00
- 2nd Grade (all tracks) - Young Engineers $9.00
- 3rd Grade (all tracks) - Duke Gardens $6.50
- 4th Grade (all tracks) - NC Symphony $5.00
If you have multiple children at Brier Creek, please complete a separate form for each child.
Last Lunch with Livengood This Week
This week will be the final Lunches with Livengood. I look forward to seeing 3rd, 4th, & 5th graders on Monday at 12:00 and our K-2 students on Tuesday at 12:00. The code/nickname is lunchwithlivengood on Google Meet. Your child MUST be logged in to his/her WakeID in order to access the Meet.
PTA News and Updates from your PTA President, Brittany Wells
- Did you miss our original deadline to order your child's EduKit school supplies? No need to worry, our deadline extension has been approved. All tracks now have until Sunday, June 21st to order your child's school supplies for the upcoming 2020-21 school year. Don't put it off any longer, order today and enjoy your extra long summer break. Here's the website if the link does not work: https://www.edukitinc.com/schools/1179/
- The Nominating Committee is continuing to seek volunteers for next year’s committees. The PTA is specifically looking for co-chairs for Community Service, Book Fair and Teacher Appreciation. Please email Andrea Bertole at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more. You can find information about PTA roles at http://briercreekpta.org/2020-21-volunteer-opportunities/
I hope you have a wonderful week! Please reach out with questions or kudos to share!