Principal's Post | June 1, 2020
Greetings Jets Parents!
Welcome to week 8 of remote learning, the final week for our Track 1 Jets, who will complete the 2019-2020 school year on Thursday. I hope all of our Jets continue to be happy, healthy, and safe!
Parent Input for Class Placement
Your input is welcomed regarding class placement for your child next year. While we do not accept requests for specific teachers, factors like learning style, peer interactions, and social-emotional needs that you can share are valued. If you would like to provide input, please complete this form no later than July 1.
Pre-K Title I Applications
If you, or someone you know, is interested in enrolling their child in a WCPSS Pre-K Classroom, the deadline for applications has been extended to June 5. You can find more information here on the WCPSS website.
Reminder: Retrieval of Personal Belongings From School
With the sudden dismissal of school, many students left personal belongings at school they will want to retrieve. In the next couple of weeks, teachers and staff will pack each student’s belongings in a brown paper bag and clearly label it. For students who will be with us in the 20-21 school year, we will place those belongings in the next classroom for students to get when we return to school, including pictures or yearbooks delivered to school. For students not returning to Brier Creek, parents may pick-up belongings at the following times:
- Tuesday, June 9, 10:00-11:30 am
- Wednesday, June 10, 5:00-7:00 pm
If your child will not be back in a WCPSS school next year, please make sure you have completed this form so we know your plans to withdraw at the end of this school year.
If your child has medicine in the office, you may pick it up between 10:00 and 3:00 this Wednesday, June 3, or next Wednesday, June 10. Medicine that is not picked up by June 30 will be discarded.
Returning Borrowed Items to School
Items that you have that were borrowed from school, such as library books, classroom supplies, and instruments need to be returned no later than June 12. You may bring them when retrieving personal belongings from school on June 9 or June 10, or you may drop them off in the box outside the front door between the hours of 10 am and 3 pm, Tuesday-Thursday.
If you borrowed a Chromebook and/or hotspot for remote learning, these only need to be returned if your child is not returning to WCPSS for the 20-21 school year. Even if your child will be attending another WCPSS school, he/she may hold on to the Chromebook and/or hotspot for now.
Reminder: Lunch with Livengood
Lunch with Livengood will continue on Mondays for 3-5 and Tuesdays for K-2 through the week of June 8. We have lots of fun - I hope your children will join us! The code/nickname is lunchwithlivengood on Google Meet. Your child MUST be logged in to his/her WakeID in order to access the Meet.
PTA News and Updates from your PTA President, Brittany Wells
- Please join us TONIGHT, June 1st, for our Virtual General PTA Meeting at 6:30pm. We will have our officer election for the 2020-21 school year, vote on 2 budgets, and announce our PTA Volunteer of the Year. The slate of officers, proposed budgets, and google meet link can be found at http://briercreekpta.org/upcoming-general-pta-meeting/ .
- Meeting ID: meet.google.com/zri-sgrz-sqp
- Meeting Phone Number: (US)+1 817-779-4904PIN: 601 300 259#
- EduKit School Supplies are a super easy and convenient way to guarantee your child's supplies for the 2020-21 school year will be in their classroom ready and waiting to start the new year. Don't miss out. Don't delay. Order now and enjoy your summer!
- The Nominating Committee is continuing to seek volunteers for next year’s committees. The PTA is specifically looking for co-chairs for Book Fair, Family Nights, Teacher Appreciation, and Yearbook. Please email Andrea Bertole at email@example.com to learn more. You can find information about PTA roles at http://briercreekpta.org/2020-21-volunteer-opportunities/
I hope you have a wonderful week! Please reach out with questions or kudos to share!